View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 02:31 AM   #28 (permalink)
mtlgirl
FitDay Member

The argument that the human body stopped evolving 10 000 years ago is not conclusive. There are arguments against this statement by qualified medical studies. No, I will not cite them here because I am not as passionate to win this argument as you are. If you want to believe that this Primal Blueprint is the panacea that you have made it out to be, that's fine with me. The truth as I have observed it is that for several of its claims there are qualified counter arguments.

Who cares why the Paleolithic people died young, I am just saying that without any of them living well into old age, it's impossible to conclude what the long term effects of their diet is on our bodies today, 10 000 years later. Why would you believe that human evolution would suddenly stop 10 000 years ago anyway? It doesn't seem plausible to me. In fact I am willing to put money on the notion that we are still evolving. Many years from now we won't have wisdom teeth. That is called evolution.

As for your quote, "Our lifespan is much longer, but we are all sick, fat and on some sort of drug to keep us from keeling over!"

If this is truly what you believe, I feel very sad for you. What an angry and negative perspective you have on the world and people as a whole. So basically you are saying that if a person is overweight or a person is on medication their life has no value? I would counter that by saying, "Yahoo! You are in great shape and have a lot of energy so you will live a long time, but who wants to live with that much vitriol against their fellow human being. Is life worth living when you are spiritually and emotionally sicker than any of us here?"
current weight: 174
total weight loss: 24 pounds
goal weight: 145
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...?Owner=mtlgirl
mtlgirl is offline   Reply With Quote