View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 12:33 AM   #25 (permalink)
zorba1331
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by almeeker View Post
Did I mention that my family owns a farm and raises beef cattle? So not only do I believe that cows are fed grass, I know it for a fact. And our farm is pretty much like all the other dairy and beef farms around here and yes they all feed their cows grass too. Why? Because grass just grows right up out of the ground and it's FREE for the price of munching. Corn isn't free, you either have to buy it, or you have to give over a portion of your real estate for 100 days and grow it.
Awesome. Your farm is one that I would like to buy my meat from.

The vast majority of the meat that this nation consume is grain fed (which is primarily corn). High fructose corn syrup is in everything from toilet paper to ketchup to meat. To deny the fact that the MAJORITY of big lot farms feed their cows corn and any other kind of garbage is either naive or ignorant. It is FAR cheaper to feed a cow corn and have him to slaughter in 15 months as opposed to letting the cow mature naturally in the usual 24 months that it ought to take. That is 9 months that they are saving in feed and vet bills. So, yeah, they grow 'em faster with corn because it is cheaper.

Quote:
I feel quite certain that zorb is intentionally inflammatory simply for the sake of advertising another website, which in my book is spam. So I'm done being insulted and explaining myself. I'm not going to read any more posts by zorb, and I urge the rest of you to do the same. Poof gone, no more zorb....
I simply draw reference to that site because he can articulate it much better than I. There are other people to look to as well. Dr. Gundry and

Nutrition News and Notes

The thing is, people don't want to hear something that they are doing is incorrect. I get that. I felt like an idiot too when was told that eating 6 small meals a day was preventing the body from going into starvation mode was bogus (I mean really...only a few hours of not eating is going to cause us to go into starvation mode? How about 4 days--that makes more sense).
zorba1331 is offline   Reply With Quote