View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 12:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
xo_liana
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorba1331 View Post
Nope, you don't have to, but you ought to.

There is a detox that your body goes through when you don't eat grains. Essentially what you are addicted to is the sugar. It takes a few days, but it goes away. Endure that process and you will feel better than you ever thought possible.

Conventional wisdom has everyone convinced that we need them...but we don't. The food industry makes a LOT of money out of selling people grains and processed foods so they are going to do everything they can to convince you that you need them. You really don't. It is hard to not eat grains. They taste good and they are everywhere, but if you want something different, you have to do something different.

G7 Stories - Veronica Garza on Vimeo
For example, though, I used to eat bread, cereal, or oatmeal at every meal. No, I'm not joking. I still lost weight.

Now, I eat one serving of grains a day. Granted, I've already far surpassed my initial goal weight, but cutting down the grains didn't do a dang thing. I cut the grains down only very recently. If I were to add more in again, I wouldn't gain any weight.

Just saying.
xo_liana is offline   Reply With Quote