View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 11:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
mtlgirl
FitDay Member

I agree with you Almeeker. If I give up grains all together, my digestive system goes out of whack. Of course I totally avoid anything white, refined or processed but small portions of healthy grains are good for me.

Cinnamonsage, to get back to your original question, rpmcduff gave you a great response. If you follow his advice, you will definitely succeed. Also a couple of little "tricks" I was taught by a friend of mine who lost 90 pounds, who recommends using Apple Cider Vinegar in your salad dressing. It really is good for you and apparently helps in the process of weight loss. Also, great choice for a user name because "Cinnamon" is a great little spice to add to your smoothies, coffee, or oatmeal. And finally fennel is not only a great vegetable, it helps with digestion and fennel tea, is a wonderful herbal tea that promotes digestive health.

Of course what you eat is super important but exercise is just as important. I don't have a very good metabolism and if I don't exercise, I simply do not lose weight. I have been running 3X week, doing Jillian Michael's "30 Day Shred" 3X week and I add at least 2 power walks to that per week. It seems like a lot but the 30 Day Shred is a 20-minute workout and easy to squeeze into my morning routine.

Best of luck to you and welcome to the forum!
current weight: 174
total weight loss: 24 pounds
goal weight: 145
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...?Owner=mtlgirl
mtlgirl is offline   Reply With Quote