Notices

New and ED'd

Old 07-26-2010, 02:26 AM
FitDay Member

Question New and ED'd

Well first of all, Hi! I'm new on this board. I just started using my account here on fitday after not being on the site since 2003! I'm Erin, 25, unemployed but on my way to being a CNA, annnd I'm in the 220s as far as my weight goes.
I was wondering if there was anyone on this site that's struggled with various eating disorders? Its something I'm trying hard to overcome and do this thing healthfully. I've been COE most of my life with a high of 250lbs. When I was a teen I did a 180 and started losing weight with fasts, major restriction, and purging, down to the 130s and with a new title, ED-Nos. I got healthy again and kept the weight down with working out for while, then that slipped back to COE with some minor visits to the other side here n there, and now I am trying all over again. Only this time I'm trying to balance between the two. I guess I'm good at extremes. So anyway I was wondering if anyone could relate, maybe offer any advice. Thanks!
Old 07-26-2010, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Wow...you and I are scarily similar! My name is Erin, I'm 25, unemployed, and have a history of ED's. Weird!!!!

I don't really want to get into my whole ED story here, but if you'd like someone to talk to, you can e-mail me at [email protected] .

Welcome to the board. You'll find some awesome people and support here. Best wishes!
Old 07-26-2010, 01:34 PM
FitDay Member

i am 26 and have an ED. write me anytime: [email protected]
Old 07-26-2010, 03:27 PM
FitDay Member

Hey teartheskyout. I am in the exact same position. I have been struggling with eating disorders for i'd say 7 or 8 years now. I used to work so much to support myself I would starve myself and when I ate my body would be shocked and I would throw up. 3 years ago my weight shot right up. I ate anything and everything. Its sick and sad. Its very hard and I'm always really embarassed to talk about it because people think youre crazy when you do things like that to your body. Im sorry for the rant but I know exactly where youre coming from and i know its extremely hard. If you ever want to talk personally feel free to email me. I am a wonderful listener and I think the more people that are on your side and that have been in your position the better.

Keep smiling because like every woman on this site you are beautiful and you have what it takes to change.

Email me if you'd like. [email protected]
Old 07-27-2010, 06:29 AM
FitDay Member

Glad to see some posts! I was a little worried to post, but I can't really do this without facing my issues.
Thanks for those who've replied. I feel more at ease here now.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Me too, im new to this board as well. Ive been on here for quite some time and never really saw they had a discussion board. I also have an ED, I have BED, although I have not had an episode in 9 weeks. Ive been focusing really hard on loosing weight and getting better. Im here any time you need to chat!