View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 05:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
vabeachgirlNYC
Super Moderator

I am also hypothyroid due to tumors. My meds have regulated my levels and hopefully will continue to do so. My endocrinologist monitors my levels closely. He knows what my normal diet is. He said to take my meds in the morning about an hour before I eat.

I am a vegetarian and eat a diet high in soy and fiber. I eat cauliflower often since it is my favorite veggie. I do not take any supplements.

I find that processed, carb loaded foods make me feel sluggish, tired and bloated. Kind of how I felt before my thyroid was regulated with meds. I usually skip those aisles when food shopping.

Once my thyroid was regulated I was able to lose most of the weight I had gained from my thyroid through healthy eating and regular cardio/ lifting.

I lost 6 pounds (that looked like 20 since I lost that "puffy" look untreated hypothyroidism causes) and I lost 2 jean sizes in the first 4 months.

Gaining weight from hypothyroidism sucks but once it is regulated you can lose it. You just have to do it the old fashioned way, making healthy food choices and being active.
vabeachgirlNYC is offline   Reply With Quote