Nice to see another fellow Grok, Zorba!
I think more people should try out the primal/paleo lifestyle; even if they don't go all the way with it they'll see great results just like those of us who do it "80%" on this thread. There are two problems:
- Entrenched conventional wisdom against "artery clogging saturated fat" and for "heart healthy whole grains;" and
- Equating our diet with other low-carb "diets" (even though primal/paleo is a lifestyle) like Atkins or South Beach... people can't seem to wrap their head around the fact that "low-carb" is a very general term for a lot of very different diets, just like "low-fat" (ADA vs. Ornish vs. vegan vs. Fuhrman vs. etc.)... primal/paleo actually has a lot more in common with "buy local, eat fresh" than people realize. And it's sustainable and healthy to boot.
Anyways, glad to see you on here and looking forward to sharing more Grokisms with you!
1) eat real food - more vegetables, moderate meat, moderate fruits, less grains, less sugar, less vegetable oils.
2) exercise - moderate intensity cardio, sprinting, heavy lifting, dedicated stretching and mobility.
3) live - relax, de-stress, meditate.
Disclaimer: I'm not professionally qualified to make any formal recommendations. I've just done my homework and I'm my own guinea pig. All of my data, unless otherwise cited, comes from a sample size of n=1 (me).