View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 05:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
tandoorichicken
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorba1331 View Post
Eliminate grains from your diet, period. Eat as much protein and good fats as you want and eat a load of macronutrient rich veggies and you will start losing again
Zorba, I agree that elimination of grains does reduce chronic inflammation, which makes fat loss way easier IMO. But caloric restriction is key too. You can't eat as much fat as you want. Not because it will raise cholesterol or clog your arteries or anything like that, but because excess fat in the diet is still stored as fat, regardless of whether insulin is involved or not. It cannot be simply excreted like excess protein. Eliminating grain products will take you far, but getting those last few bits of flab out requires modest portions too.

My rules:
1) eat real food - more vegetables, moderate meat, moderate fruits, less grains, less sugar, less vegetable oils.
2) exercise - moderate intensity cardio, sprinting, heavy lifting, dedicated stretching and mobility.
3) live - relax, de-stress, meditate.

Disclaimer: I'm not professionally qualified to make any formal recommendations. I've just done my homework and I'm my own guinea pig. All of my data, unless otherwise cited, comes from a sample size of n=1 (me).
tandoorichicken is offline   Reply With Quote