Notices

*The No-Cheating* Pact

Old 07-23-2010, 08:49 PM
FitDay Member

Default *The No-Cheating* Pact

Not entirely my idea, but...

From now, July 24th 2010, until September 24th 2010 I will not allow myself to cheat, binge, or use carb-loading as an excuse to over eat.

Today was supposed to be my "carb-up" day but I took it a little overboard. I feel like I set myself back a whole week after being so strict and happy about my diet. I don't even know what kept me eating, but I just kept going to the point of feeling sick. Something like that has never happened.

So here I am.
Day 1.

I will continue to post in here everyday and count the days that I go without cheating. I will be honest with myself to the absolute detail. I'm not going to log todays calories because I honestly couldn't even tell you what I ate or how much. But it's not going to happen again, and that's the pact I've made with myself.

Feel free to join in if you'd like. Even if I'm the only one using this thread I'll post in here every day and suggest others do the same if you think it will help.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:16 AM
FitDay Member

Heytred:
It sounds like a great idea. The only thing is if you are that strict, you might REALLY overdo it when/if you do cheat. One cheat meal a week or two ain't that bad. To be honest, I haven't cheated at all in about 2 weeks, really haven't felt the need/want to. It will come though. For me, it always does.

Tonight, I know we are having homemade pizza with homemade sauce with ingredients fresh from the garden.

I will join in also.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

I'm so in. I feel like I sometimes overeat in general, since I have a tendency to chow down on whatever's in front of me. Sometimes I'll go to a restaurant with friends and I'll be the only one that finishes my entire meal (when it's clearly meant to be split/taken home). So, that can't happen anymore.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:38 AM
FitDay Member

I have a similar problem----I watch what I eat and log my calories and activities daily.---However,once or twice a week we eat out with friends making it extremely hard to log the proper calories eaten.ex.how do you log foods like paella or rigatone bolognese? All these cheat meals stall the weight goal but I keep trying.

original weight---279 lbs 4/1/2010
present weight--241 7/24/2010
Old 07-24-2010, 11:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by collegefbfan8898
Heytred:
It sounds like a great idea. The only thing is if you are that strict, you might REALLY overdo it when/if you do cheat. One cheat meal a week or two ain't that bad. To be honest, I haven't cheated at all in about 2 weeks, really haven't felt the need/want to. It will come though. For me, it always does.

Tonight, I know we are having homemade pizza with homemade sauce with ingredients fresh from the garden.

I will join in also.
But I didn't allow myself to have a legitimate "cheat-day" or "cheat-meal" for 3 months and the idea didn't even tempt me. I had no problem whatsoever turning down fatty foods or unhealthy snacks, but as soon as I started telling myself on this day I'm going to eat so many carbs, or whatever, I went crazy.

My diet hasn't ever been what I would call perfect, I let myself have a snack every once in a while as long as it fits in my calories and macros, and I'll continue to do that. But I'm not gonna try and use something like a carb-up as an excuse to eat above maintenance until I'm done cutting off this last bit of bf.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:32 PM
FitDay Member

OK. I see what you are saying now. I had two pieces of homemade pizza tonight, but I am sure I did not go over my macros too much.

I have been the same. No need or want to cheat for the last two weeks (when I began the change).

I will join in and do the best I can.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:21 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by collegefbfan8898
OK. I see what you are saying now. I had two pieces of homemade pizza tonight, but I am sure I did not go over my macros too much.

I have been the same. No need or want to cheat for the last two weeks (when I began the change).

I will join in and do the best I can.
Nothing wrong with a little bit of homemade pizza.

When I was in Germany before I deployed I used to head to the commissary, pick up some ingredients, head back to the Barracks and cook up a low calorie, high protein, wheat crust, cheese and tuna pizza. The great thing about making your own food is that you can control exactly what goes into it.

Off-Topic, I haven't eaten a vegetable or fruit in 3 weeks and haven't had a shower in just as long. Feeling pretty gross all around. Not that you guys needed to know that. =]]
Old 07-25-2010, 12:32 AM
FitDay Member

The next time she makes the pizza, I hope she uses the whole wheat crust.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

Day 2 complete. Didn't miss a beat today and met all my daily goals. =]]

I'm at least 8 1/2 hours ahead of most of you, so that's why my day is already over.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:48 AM
FitDay Member

Good job dude. And remember if you do happen to slip up just make it a small one, record it in your log and continue trucking on, its all about the big picture! Last night was the first time in my 18 days on fitday that I had some issues, because I had to go to a wedding. I had 2 drinks, and probably overate. I filled the plate with as many healthy choices as I could. When I got home I recorded it as best I could, I avoided any sweets and extra fat like gravy and the cream cheese apps. I had been stressing about that day coming because it was a forced slip-up so to speak, but now that its over I'm proud the way I controlled myself, and I really didn't slip up at all. Besides not having ideal food options I made the best of the situation and I'm almost certain this one meal is not gonna hold me back.

Last edited by midwestj; 07-25-2010 at 06:58 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.