View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 10:23 PM   #22 (permalink)
almeeker
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezbez View Post
Hi Almeeker

I couldn't help but notice that you've lost 88lbs in only 19 weeks - that's PHENOMENAL! I just joined fitday.com today (basic member) and have a target weight loss of 63lbs in 12 weeks. Any tips?

Charlotte
Actually I've only been on fitday for 19 weeks, but I was dieting before that. I started dieting in Sept '09, and lost 16 pounds then I quit between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and gained 10 pounds back ! On December 26, 2009, I got serious about losing weight and have lost another 83.5 pounds in the last 7 months, for a grand total of 89.5 pounds.

63 pounds is 12 weeks would be a little rough for me. Although in the beginning I did have some 5-8 pound loss weeks. I'm not doing a specific diet, nor am I taking pills, and I didn't have any kind of surgery. So outside of saying "diet and exercise" I don't have any "miracle" weight loss tips. What has been working for me is to keep my calories between 1,350-1,600 (although lately my metabolism has changed and that has been harder and harder), make sure my pie chart is 40-40-20 (carbs, proteins, fats), or nearly so. Drink 96 ounces of water each day and put in a 60 minute workout at least 5-6 days/week. My workout is typically 60-75 minutes of hard cardio on the elliptical or the running track, but twice a week I lift weights and do an ab routine that would make Superman cry (okay, maybe not exactly true, but in the comic book of my mind, those crunches are worse than kryptonite baby). That's it. Now that I've been at it for 7 months +, it's almost my habit anymore. The days I skip the workout, I hurt and don't feel lively and awake, so exercising has become almost an addiction. I need it like my coffee in the morning, although I have yet to actually feel a "craving" for it.
Goal weight: 120 lbs
Weight to go: 44 lbs
Goal Date: 1/1/13

Last edited by almeeker; 07-23-2010 at 10:33 PM.
almeeker is offline   Reply With Quote