Community
Notices

Starting over - feeling lost

Old 07-21-2010, 03:47 PM
FitDay Member

Default Starting over - feeling lost

I'm brand new to the forum and I thought this would be a great place for some much needed advice. I am 22 and 5' tall and have about 30lbs to lose. I feel lost when I go into the gym and I just cannot control my eating habits. I constantly feel hungry (even right after a balanced meal) so I try to snack on carrots and plain greek yogurt.
Seriously ladies, I feel at an all time low. I feel fat and out of control. Did anyone else experience these feelings?
Old 07-22-2010, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Melyna1! I'm new too!! Yes, I have definitely felt that way!!! I've been a member at a few different women's gyms in the past, but I prefer to work out at home. I have cable with OnDemand. There is a channel called Exercise TV, and I choose a few different programs each day, and do them in the privacy of my home.

I have been using the food log on fitday, and found it very helpful. You'll see which foods have a lot of calories, or a lot of fat. I've heard great things about that greek yogurt, but I haven't tried it yet. I like carrots, too. I've done SouthBeach diet, and on that diet, you aren't supposed to eat carrots because they have a high glycemic index.

You'll get a lot of good tips from these forums. People share their snack ideas, and you'll find some that are filling and low in calories. I'm still learning!
Old 07-22-2010, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Melyna1! Welcome to fitday and the forums. I felt exactly what you described until I figured out how to balance my pie chart. I was eating way to many carbs and not enough protein. I'd feel sick and shaky and hungry again right after I ate. Greek yogurt is great for it's protein content, so good going there! I also work out at home, like Cathy above. I started Jillian Michaels Last Chance DVD work out last night and let me tell you I felt the burn, big time...and I'm a little sore today. It's great because she uses cardio and weight circuts circuits and that's supposed to burn more caleries...according to her and there are different workouts for different days. What I'm saying is that you don't have to go to a gym right now if you don't feel comfortable with it, there are so many different things you can do at home. As another person who cannot control her eating habits I make myself accountable for EVERYTHING I eat, even if it's a no no. I enter everything I put into my mouth into my food log, weather it's an apple or if I slipped up and ate a sundae. This way I have to see what I did, I don't ignore anything, or i'd be lying to myself. Good luck with your weight loss journey, Melyna1!