View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 12:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
cjohnson728
Super Moderator

I believe that we all need to find our own way on this journey. That being said, I still tend to agree with Frank and Molly.

I think you can find just about anything to support any position on the internet or in books. I read the link above and I'm sure it's great advice for some people. I'm also sure that avoiding carbs doesn't work for some people. I'm one of them. I eat pretty clean, but I don't avoid carbs or talk about them like they're the plague.

What worked for me personally is the calories in, calories out paradigm, as well as making good choices. I also think that exercise IS an answer for a lot of things, including overall health.

I am committed to encouraging people to do what works for them, as long as they're honest about it working. Oftentimes people try to go low carb and it's very frustrating and they give up.

If it works for you, great. If not, I think you need to feel free to find your own way without others telling you what you should and shouldn't eat. My posts to newbies usually include some advice about experimenting till you get to know your body and how it works best and that's really the best advice I can give.

And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
-John Steinbeck
cjohnson728 is offline   Reply With Quote