Notices

Alcohol and Food Talk

Old 07-14-2010, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

If I decide to drink, I try to save it for as late as possible in the day. This means after I've eaten, worked out and showered. It's easier to stick to one drink and not eat more when my bedtime "deadline" is close. I'm able to savor it like a dessert.

It's more difficult when I'm out at a restaurant. On those days, I usually just accept that I'll be consuming more on that day and enjoy it!
Old 07-14-2010, 12:44 PM
FitDay Member

Dang!! Naps are good! I have found since I've been doing Atkins that if I do "over-carb", I get really tired!!!

Hopefully I can be good the rest of the nite. Maybe 1 drink, maybe 2
Old 07-15-2010, 04:57 PM
FitDay Member

Ahh, the Korean was excellent. Thanks.

I went out tonight with some friends, and I had two glasses of Pinot Gris -- only .9 carbs for 3.5 oz. I was happily buzzed, which is fantastic considering it was only 7 oz of wine. Hahah. Totally worth it. Who would of thought that a prior wino could get high off of that little?? It's like my tolerance reset itself after two weeks of Induction. I should do Induction more often!
Old 07-16-2010, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Isn't it Amazing how taking our bodies backto less of everything somehow makes having less more enjoyable. Being able to appreciate and savor instead of just inhaling everything in site!

FYI, to anyone interested in Eastern Philosophy, I had my 1st Reiki session yesterday. The jury is still out but it was intriguing enough that I will try it again.