Thread: Atkins
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 03:43 AM   #160 (permalink)
RichardBuckner
FitDay Member

[B[/b]I have used low calorie and exercise in the past and went from 204lbs to 152lbs. goodHowever, after laziness and loss of motivation, and some more laziness...I'm back at dieting again. forgive yourselfI lowered my carbs yesterday, but didn't plan to start until today (went to eat with the family, was visiting). if you are on a diet you are on a diet

I am 167lbs as of this morning. I am a female, 22yrs old, and 5'7".
I am going to do the induction for 14 days as I read.ok you might go to 25 net carbs the second day; be sure you are counting net carbs, not carbs; it is easier and just as effective
I am also planning to do cardio everyday, every other day would be ok; occassionaly you might take a several day breakand weight lifting several days a week. I have lowered my carb intake to 20g or less as I read in Atkins.

I have several questions I was hoping to have answered by those more experienced.

1) What kind of results can be expected in this diet? I read some on it, but there seems to be mixed results.good if you are consistent; 5 pounds a week, mostly water, for the first several weeks. All diets have plateaus; your body is adjusting. Wait them out.
2) With cutting carbs, I ended up cutting aloooot of calories. wonder of wonders, watch your nutrition. I use www.fitday.com to log foods. I noticed that low carb foods are low in potassium; I get an Rx and have my blood level monitored. I also take OTC supplements for D and B1 and occasionally caldium and thiamin.I had less then 1,000 today. I know that is unhealthy, [b]not for a short term; 1000 less than your maintenance intake will result in a 2 pound loss per week./B]and want to include more. What is a no carb food I could add to my diet to increase my calories another 200 or so?deep fired pork rinds with butter, walnuts, soy protein. I get mine at Trader Joes.
3) I only plan on doing the induction, as I don't think low carb is best for me. make it a lifetime thing; it is bestI know it is a healthy diet with many benefits, but I feel more comfortable counting calories. but you will if you count net carbsEspecially since, though I am not vegetarian, I don't eat alot of meat. eat fish, lamb, pork, turkey (has postassium), chicken
But I also know that if I leave Induction and go back to my carb eating ways that I will probably ruin everything. exactly; make the committmentSo my plan is to increase by 5grams every few days,every week or perhaps every week after the first 14 days. But to be honest, I don't even know what is a normal intake of carbs. Can anyone tell me what a normal but healthy intake of carbs a day is? in life time maintenance about 100 or less if you regain weightAnd will building up gradually ease me out of the state I put my body in, yes but cut back again if you dont lose or start to gainas to not make me gain back all the weight I lost?

Also:

I have a question after reading a post elsewhere on the board. It was mentioned that cycling in and out of Atkins is healthy, nope you lose your ketonosis; get Bayer keto stix and use them; go for a moderate to small level of ketonesand a good way to lose weight. I started Induction today, with the goal of sticking with it for the 14 days (unless the results are amazing, such as losing the ten pounds I want to lose...then I'll do it three weeks). Then I was going to gradually build back up to a normal level of carbs.

But after reading that post, I got to thinking. Would it work to do the Induction for a while, two to three weeks, then do a low calorie (sensible diet...whole wheats,no fruit, npveggies, green leafyfishall you want) diet for a few weeks, then switch backnope?
I am not a huge fan of eating all this meat, eat mostly fatnoand I do admit I love carbs (I am in love with whole wheat a half on weekends during life time maintenance onlybagels and peanut butter).
It is my thinking that this plan would help me, if it is an idea that would work, as it would keep me from getting bored with my food choices and losing my motivation and focus.you can have quite a variety; if you want I will give you a url for my food logs

I appreciate anyones feedback.

you can also join Atkins? - Official Site - is a powerful life-time approach to successful weight loss and weight management. free and get 3 2 net carb chocolate bars
Thanks for your time!!
-Meghan[/quote]
Good luck, keep in touch
RichardBuckner is offline   Reply With Quote