View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 03:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
heytred
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by almeeker View Post
Launch a complaint to the U.S. Government? If you had enough people on the band wagon, it might garner some attention, there seems to be a "get healthy" wave spreading across the nation. You might also add healthy items to the list of things you'd like in your care packages from home. And if that's not a viable option, post a request here, I'm sure plenty of us here on the forum would be more than happy to send you out a box of healthy supplies. Fresh fruit is out, but whole grain crackers, brown rice, rice cakes, canned veggies, etc etc would ship just fine. I used to send my nephew cookies about twice/month when he was in Iraq.
I wish I could =]]. I have a family friend back home who would send me cans of chicken/tuna, boxes (more like cylinders) of Quaker Oats and she even sent Peanut Butter on Wheat Crackers, but now I'm on a different FOB with no mail service. All my mail gets sent to my Command on another FOB that's about a 4 hour convoy and then a 3 hour flight away, and they won't/can't arrange for mail to be sent to me. It's a big ol' sadface.
heytred is offline   Reply With Quote