Community
Notices

OMG Boredom Eating

Old 07-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Something strong like a cough drop does it for me, usually; although yesterday at the movies I had one of my son's Atomic Warheads, and it was so sour it totally fried my tastebuds for hours .

At home, when I'm eating because of boredom, I usually pick something that takes a long time to eat, like sunflower seeds or cherries.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:18 AM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=almeeker;15761]I sooooo want to be that way too, but I can't seem to make it stick. I can put whatever I want in that log, but what actually goes into my mouth is a completely different story. QUOTE]

haha @almeeker. It does still take that will power. I'm having one of those 'want to eat from boredom' moments right now. When I'm busy and only have time for the meals/snacks that I plan and or I'm not at home, it's so easy to stay on track. But my plans for the night were cancelled, leaving me defenseless against the ice cream in the freezer (bought only for the bf to eat) and I know if there were tortilla chips on hand, I'd be binging.

*sigh* I want the ice cream really really badly and am employing all the will power I can muster not to keep eating. I'm not even hungry, just finished dinner, feel almost overfull from that to begin with. Ok, guess I'm going to find something to do until dinner is all digested and then go to bed before I get hungry again. (Yes, sometimes my best defense is to just go to bed...)
Old 07-14-2010, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Something strong like a cough drop does it for me, usually; although yesterday at the movies I had one of my son's Atomic Warheads, and it was so sour it totally fried my tastebuds for hours .

At home, when I'm eating because of boredom, I usually pick something that takes a long time to eat, like sunflower seeds or cherries.
Aren't you old enough to know better than to put something called "Atomic Warhead" in your mouth? Geez! How do you eat cherries slowly? I've tried around here, basically if you don't eat them fast at my house, you don't get too many.

Originally Posted by wannabefitgrl

haha @almeeker. It does still take that will power. I'm having one of those 'want to eat from boredom' moments right now. When I'm busy and only have time for the meals/snacks that I plan and or I'm not at home, it's so easy to stay on track. But my plans for the night were cancelled, leaving me defenseless against the ice cream in the freezer (bought only for the bf to eat) and I know if there were tortilla chips on hand, I'd be binging.
If it helps at all, I had ice cream twice today, it didn't even taste that good and now I'm headed for gastrointestinal issues... We spent the day at the fair, and I was solidly on plan through lunch. Then things started to slide, when the kids got hungry, it was 98 degrees, and the cheapest treat was ice cream. Then we had some cotton candy, and since my body is completely not used to sugar anymore, I got nauseous and shaky afterward.