Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FOOD > Nutrition & labeling
How many calories in Aldi's Fit and Active popcorn? >

How many calories in Aldi's Fit and Active popcorn?

Notices

How many calories in Aldi's Fit and Active popcorn?

Old 07-14-2010, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default How many calories in Aldi's Fit and Active popcorn?

Hi Everybody.

I am counting my calories (1,200 a day total) and I went to Aldi and saw that they had a product line of Fit and Active products that have reduced fat snacks for everybody who is dieting! I went there and bought 2 boxes of their reduced fat Light Butter Popcorn.

The whole reason that I bought this popcorn is that I was under the impression that this was 100 calories for one bag of popcorn. But I just don't see how this can be the case because I have the Orville 100 cal mini bags popcorn.. and you get a lot less popcorn than you do with the Fit and Active. Am I reading this label right? how many calories are in ONE bag of this stuff?? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

it says there are about 3 servings per bag....... yet it says it pops about 5 cups popped (or 20 cals for 1 cup X 5 = 100 cal) Is this right? OR is it 110 cals for 2 tbsp un-popped X 3 servings, which is 330 cals per bag?

How many calories am I eating! ARGH ! (these labels are confusing!, right?)

Last edited by VitoVino; 02-08-2012 at 06:26 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, popcorn labels can be confusing!

I looked at the info and the way I read it, one serving is 5 cups popped. But because there are three servings per bag...one serving is 100 calories (5 X 20), but for the entire bag, you have to multiply that by 3...300 calories per bag. That's pretty consistent with a regular-sized bag of light popcorn from other manufacturers; it's not a mini bag.

Hope that helps .
Old 07-14-2010, 12:18 PM
FitDay Member

ooooo that made so much more sense! so in essence, there are actually 15 cups of popcorn popped (3 servings of 5 cups), so 300 calories for the whole bag!! Thanks so much!!! (wish they would be a bit clearer on the labels!!! they try and trick you but AHA..... not moi!! ) lol
Old 07-15-2010, 06:42 AM
FitDay Member

You must read the labels carefully, 3 servings per bag means you must multiply all the nutrition data by 3. 110 calories/serving is 330/bag, 40c fat/serving = 120c fat/bag and so on.