View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 06:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Shell250
FitDay Member

Hi Kathie, Thanks for the words of encouragement. If anything, I need to kick up my walking pace. There is no good reason I can't do that today. I do remember that a good sweat feels great, does wonders for mood, increasing energy, diffusing stress..and of course burning fat too, and heart health. Plus, after exercising I don't feel like eating as much. (Enough self-talk! lol) Rrrgh, feeling a little frustrated with myself in this department, but moving forward...!

Hi Doggie, Welcome!! Thanks for sharing your story. I currently weigh 246 lb, 40-ish, 5'10", female, and just started 2 weeks ago. I have lost 2 lb. My weight has been up and down over the years, although I have never been 'skinny'. And now I am at an all time high. My goal is to be back down to 200 lb by the end of June, and will set another goal after that. My husband is also doing this with me, which helps alot. I don't know how much he has lost, but he has lost weight because his 'Pony Keg' is looking less inflated...lol..! He is not weighing himself. He has a very active job, so the change in diet has done wonders for him.

I am still a little confused with the calories. Definitely being conscience of the deficit stats, and maintaining a deficit everyday. And I also bumped DOWN my base metabolism number a little bit, just to be sure.

I am struggling with exercise, as I have been griping about here. But giving myself a firm talking to today, and a kick in the butt.

I like that I'm eating healthier now too. We are much more selective with what we buy too, and we splurge on really good healthy foods, more fresh veggies, and try new recipes, instead of eating out so much. Yes, Quinoa is delicious!!! Love to try new things. Really enjoying learning about nutrition and find my stats really interesting to monitor. I have been frequenting these forums alot (maybe a little too much...), and people here have really kept me motivated too.

Thanks for being here everyone!

"Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can." - unknown
Shell250 is offline   Reply With Quote