View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 01:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
mirage59
FitDay Member

Default Plateaud...NOT HAPPY!

So I've officially hit the bump in the road I've been doing very well recently. I was put on some medication to help me lose weight and I've lost 35 pounds in about 10 weeks. I'm very excited and happy about those 35 pounds, however I've come upon the dreaded plateau. I have lost anything in about a month. It's getting to the point where, I'm getting frustrated and cranky. I'm trying to look on the bright side and trying to see the goal line, however, I still have a good chunk of weight that I would like to lose. I was not ready for this to happen so early! Anytime I've wanted to lose weight, I've turned to higher protein, lower carb, and it has worked wonderfully. Until now. My diet has consisted of 50% protein, 25% fat and about 25% carb on most days. My scale will not move!! It only knows 2 numbers!!!!

Does anyone has any suggestions??

I'm 27, female, fairly good health other than I'm overweight. I've been working out 5 times a week with between 20-30 minutes or cardio and 20 minutes of strength training.

I'm at my wits end and I don't want to give up but I'm getting sooooo frustrated here!

Thank you!

Alyssa
mirage59 is offline   Reply With Quote