Thread: Home garden
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 09:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
almeeker
FitDay Member

Good luck on the dills and peppers. I've never heard of anyone having too many cucumbers or tomatoes. How is that possible? Tomatoes freeze really easily too, you just prep them like you would for canning and toss them into a freezer bag or box and ta-da, instant chili tomatoes whenever you need them. I usually make salsa with my extra tomatoes, it's the best flavor per calorie salad dressing you can find, hands down. I probably can up maybe 50-100 quarts of salsa, cause not only is it great on salads, it makes a great gift. I've got family members that would cry if they didn't get any Christmas salsa, some of them cry when they get it, cause yes it's THAT hot.

When DH & I got married, we basically said "don't play this, don't play that, but you can play anything Clapton". You might be a big fan, but there was a guy in front of us, probably hedging 500 pounds that sang every word to every song and air guitared the rest of it. Yep, the t-shirts we saw all had "Atlanta" on them. Good show, Roger's still got a great set of pipes. DH and I were joking that the only one that could have followed him with any success was Clapton, 'cause the crowd was wild when Daltrey finished his set.
Goal weight: 120 lbs
Weight to go: 44 lbs
Goal Date: 1/1/13

Last edited by almeeker; 07-06-2010 at 09:55 PM.
almeeker is offline   Reply With Quote