Thread: Home garden
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 02:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
KristynBond
FitDay Member

My husband and I just moved into a new house a week and a half ago, and one of the first things I did was start a garden. I'd never gardened before, but I figured I'd give it a shot. Of course, it's very late in the planting year, so I bought already growing plants and planted them in the garden. Next year I'm going to start in the spring and plant tons of seeds. For this year I have two blueberry bushes, two raspberry bushes (they're not going to make it), and 1 blackberry bush (that one's not going to make it either). I also have 9 tomato plants, 5 jalapeno plants, two zucchini squash plants, a red pepper plant, green pepper plant, two cucumber plants (again...not going to make it), cantaloupe, watermelon (this one's pretty iffy), oregano, basil, rosemary, and thyme.
I'm really enjoying gardening so far...although it's only been a little over a week. I'm excited for things to start to grow, even though I know I won't get much this year because it's so hot already. Of course since I planted everything it's been about 95 degrees here a day, with no rain, and it's going to be about 100 degrees all week this week.
Any gardening tips/suggestions for a newbie gardener would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
KristynBond is offline   Reply With Quote