Notices

Fave snack

Old 07-04-2010, 10:15 PM
FitDay Member

Default Fave snack

I don't have a sweet tooth so cakes, sweets and the like don't tempt me greatly, although I do like dark chocolate. My downfall is savoury stuff. What savoury snacks do you guys eat? I can easily reach for some cheese on toast as a snack and add significantly to my daily intake, not the healthiest option!
Old 07-05-2010, 05:02 PM
FitDay Member

I like cheese too, but usually I'll just lop a slice off a wedge of English cheddar or mozzarella and eat it plain.

And I eat more bacon than I probably should.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:47 PM
FitDay Member

Are you on Atkins or carb restricted diet Tandoori?
This is how I lost all my weight previously but I find it harder to live by that regime these days. Does suit a person who gravitates towards savoury foods though I have to admit.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:21 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tandoorichicken

And I eat more bacon than I probably should.

Didn't think that was possible...
Old 07-06-2010, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

Haha pbright I agree!

I'm not on a carb-restricted diet per se, but I tend to eat lower carb than most people. It helps my concentration and energy level throughout the day. I avoid eating processed foods and grain products as much as I can so I usually eat a lot of fresh vegetables, fruits, chicken, fish, occasional beef and pork, nuts, eggs and dairy.

But yes, I do like me some cheese and bacon now and then, I'll also snack on almonds, pecans, yogurt, and if I feel like psychologically having something but my body doesn't want it, I'll just have coffee or tea.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by LittleElse
I don't have a sweet tooth so cakes, sweets and the like don't tempt me greatly, although I do like dark chocolate. My downfall is savoury stuff. What savoury snacks do you guys eat? I can easily reach for some cheese on toast as a snack and add significantly to my daily intake, not the healthiest option!
Actually if you change the cheese to ff cottage cheese or one of the reduced or low fat cheeses, and the toast to whole grain it's a very healthy option. I eat that for breakfast quite often. My biggest trouble snacks lately have been fish crackers and popcorn. Both are decent enough on their own, it's just that I have portion control issues.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:00 AM
FitDay Member

Must admit I adore popcorn but you can easily eat a bucketload, thats true. Never thought of trying cottage cheese instead, good tip.
Did you find initially restricting carbs as opposed to all-out Atkins made you over-tired. My job is very full on and requires concentration all the time so although I tried it again, the tiredness has put me off.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

I don't do Atkins, I'm a borderline vegetarian and it's just not a feasible life long plan for me. I'm doing a very low grain based carb thing, but I eat veggies and fruit like mad. What helped me with fatigue is an on-plan afternoon snack and getting in shape. I start most mornings with a workout and that gives me a runners high until after supper.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:45 PM
FitDay Member

Marmite on toast.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

I like to eat almost anything. I get really bored of the same thing all the time, except for my daily intake of coffee, that never differs. Anyway, I really like hummus. My grocery store has some really good flavors. Jalapeno and cilantro flavored and roasted red pepper flavor are my favorites, right now. I love them on wheat thins or carrots and it's a great mayo replacement. I really like it with cheese and wheat thins, but that really ups the calories and makes it more like a meal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.