View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 01:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Shell250
FitDay Member

Hi!

Diane, I saw Fathead on Pay-per-view. We just stumbled across it, I had not heard of it before either!! You seem to have a good sense of humor, I think you would enjoy it! I like bacon too. You know what I am doing? I am buying a package of bacon, then repackaging it into 2-3 slices, and freezing the portions. So when we have bacon and eggs, we share one of these little packages. If I cook more, it is too much of a temptation. I have not eaten fast food very much over the past few years. Just once in awhile, maybe once every few months. My downfall was chips with dip, pop, chocolate, etc. which I would have 2-3+ times per week. (kills me to even admit that). Anyways, moving forward - no more of that craziness is going on here anymore!

Hi Kathie, lol, Oh my, that is funny! It is all about balance, isn't it? Or the body just malfunctions..! lol

Hi Jennifer, My husband and I are doing this together too. He has been very supportive. He does not need to lose as much as me, but needs to drop a few pounds and improve his eating habits. It helps alot that he is doing this too, because the junk food is just not in the house now.

I am happy to say that I have come very close to my goal of 40 carb-30 protein-30 fat the past few days. I picked up some cottage cheese to increase my protein. I don't really have a calorie plan, but it is looking like with smart food choices and proper portions, I end up around 1300-1500 calories/day. I think that is probably a good range for my weight/height. And creates a calorie deficit, which is key! Eating 5-6 small meals per day is keeping me feeling satisfied, and my energy level has been UP.

"Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can." - unknown
Shell250 is offline   Reply With Quote