Notices

Apple or Pear

Old 06-19-2010, 08:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default Apple or Pear

I am a Pear. I am curious to know what shape people are and how their weight loss process is going thus far.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:20 PM
FitDay Member

When I started this I was an over blown hour glass. I'm still an hour glass, but more of a normal shaped one with fewer lumpy bits.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:33 AM
FitDay Member

I'd kill to be a pear! My sis is and she used to get all the attention. I think I was called a brick house once. I know when I get smaller I will be my stick person self. I only turn into an apple when I am obese. When I had my kids, I went up to 212 with one and 220 with the other. I am very tall and 165 is my normal weight. (double amputee--that is why goal is so low) and I thought with my first one, I'd lose a big portion after the birth. Well they didn't allow me to get up to the scale for quite sometime and I had been receiving fluids and had eaten and I think I either weighed the same or close to it. I was back down to 175 in my six weeks lmaternity leave (military) because I thought I had to be and could fit in my uniform. At 6'1" it takes more than ten pounds to change sizes. I mean I have the coke bottle shape but it is on such a longer body. My daughter is the same size I was but she has it goin' on because she is about 5'5 and boy is she a nice coke bottle, so Almeeker, if you got it use it and be proud. Poor me, I am more like Whitney Houston when I am slim.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

LOL, Jaynie; I would kill to not be a pear! It's hard to buy clothes...Sometimes I measure three different sizes...top, middle, and bottom! However, I think top and middle have equalled out (sadly, with a big loss from the top part ) and I may now just be two sizes. So whatever fits in the hips gapes in the waist.

My consolation is that it's supposedly healthier to have thigh, hip, and butt fat. If that's true, I will live forever .
Old 06-20-2010, 01:00 PM
FitDay Member

I beleive I'm a pear. I always had hips, thighs, and butt. I just have more of it right now. I'm just trying to tone it down a bit so I can be easy on everyone's eyes.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

I think I'm a pear. I've always had a 2:1 ratio between my butt and my bust, lol! Woot for wearing an A cup yet busting out of Sofi's!

Last edited by mhibdon; 06-21-2010 at 12:48 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:09 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
LOL, Jaynie; I would kill to not be a pear! It's hard to buy clothes...Sometimes I measure three different sizes...top, middle, and bottom! However, I think top and middle have equalled out (sadly, with a big loss from the top part ) and I may now just be two sizes. So whatever fits in the hips gapes in the waist.

My consolation is that it's supposedly healthier to have thigh, hip, and butt fat. If that's true, I will live forever .
If you think buying clothes to fit a pear is hard, I challenge you to find me a swimsuit. Keep in mind it has to be a size 10/12 (petite), with a size 36DDD cup (preferably with an underwire), and it can't be orange, yellow or brown. I like those colors just fine, but look horrible in them.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:48 AM
FitDay Member

@ almeeker: Oh my goodness! Well,,, Bikini time? ^_~
Old 06-21-2010, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default apple or pear

I guess I am considered an hour glass b/c my boobs are the same measurements as my hips and my waist is smaller than both (only by 6 inches, though). Would that be right? However, I am a SHORT hour glass. I am only 5'2". And apparently if you are 5'2" you are expected to have no boobies and a 28" waist. I don't think I could have a 28" waist if I starved for 6 months. Because I can't get rid of my belly, what fits in the hips is too small in the waist. And I am NOT saying I don't have hips or butt. So, in essence, I have a CRAZY body shape.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:49 AM
FitDay Member

I'm most definitely a pear. And I hear you on buying clothes. Before I reached my goal weight I couldn't wear dresses because I couldn't get any to fit my top and my hips. And if I didn't have just the right pants, I'd have to make sure that my shirt was exactly the right length.

I've done a lot of strength training on top to make my shoulders and back bigger to make me look like more of an hourglass shape and I really like the results.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.