Notices

Very Tired

Old 01-15-2010, 07:59 AM
FitDay Member

Default Very Tired

I've recently reduced my calorie intake to 1500-1600 per day and the pounds have been dropping off the last two weeks. (Hate to know what my intake was before!!) I am happy about that. I was already lifting weights at the gym and added walking when I can fit it in. Problem is that I am so tired all of a sudden? Is it because I changed my dietary intake? And if anyone has had this experience I would love to know how long it takes before your body adjusted. I keep thinking it will adjust to the reduced calories and I'll feel more energy but it hasn't happened yet... Thanks!
Old 01-16-2010, 01:46 PM
FitDay Member

I don't really have answers for you but I've been experiencing this myself. I've been working out 6 days a week and eating 1500-1800 calories per day. I have energy during the day but once I get home in the evening it's a struggle for me to stay up past 9 pm! I used to go to bed around midnight! But I have to say it feels good to get all this sleep

What I think is happening is that my body is just not used to having so few calories and it's hard at work burning them off! Calories=Energy so if they are being used up it would make sense that we would have less energy.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:02 PM
FitDay Member

I have the same problem too. I fall asleep every night in the chair after dinner for about an hour or so. I even told my husband the other night that I am getting into a terrible habit of doing that. I tried something different a couple of days ago.

At about 8 pm, I got on the treadmill and walked for about a half hour. I usually don't do that in the evening, I try to do it during the day. After walking that night, I was really pumped up and full of energy. I think I will try to walk for at least awhile every evening and see if it doesn't help things. I also found some vitamins at Target. I have never taken vitamins of any kind but I am going to try these. I was looking at daily multivitamins and came across these. They are Targets brand and called Weight Defense. The bottle says multivitamin dietary supplement- specifically formulated to help you while you control your weight. They are not any kind of weight loss pills- just vitamins.

I think alot of it has to do with the weather and daylight savings time. It gets dark so early and I am ready to go to bed. I don't remember having this problem when it was warm and stayed light later and I could get outside. Another problem is that my husband works 3rd shift, so he always takes a nap in the evening before he goes to work. Maybe my mind is telling me since he is sleeping it is ok for me too

I don't know but either way I am going to try the walking and the vitamins. I will let you know how it works.

Deanna
Old 01-19-2010, 10:41 AM
FitDay Member

green tea, mate tea, and raw spinach!
Old 01-19-2010, 01:06 PM
FitDay Member

I drink regular iced tea ALL day long and broccoli just about every day. Kinda the same thing right?
Old 01-21-2010, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

I am a single mom and have been tired for almost four years now. Janna is three. I am now trying to lose weight and it is worse. I live on caffiene and thanks that Janna loves to sleep!
Old 01-22-2010, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks

Thanks to everyone... I started to regain some of my energy back this week. I didn't exercise quite as much because life got hectic but I wasn't falling asleep at my desk anymore. With any luck my body will keep adjusting and I can pick up the exercise again without such a drastic energy loss. The next couple of weeks I am staying in a hotel and plan on hitting the exercise room nightly!

Janna's Mom - Don't know how you do it!!! My girls are 2 and 4, and without daddy around this week I don't get much done around the house... I'm luck to get the dishes done at night after they go to bed. I admire single mom's! And trying to lose weight on top of the rest of your busy life... Congrats for doing it all!
Old 01-22-2010, 11:17 AM
FitDay Member

I am a stay at home mom and Janna goes to day care so I am pretty lucky. Being a Disabled Veteran, I am not as physically active as I would like to be and since I am over 40, well, that kinda speaks for itself.

I am pretty lucky all things considered. I have my miracle baby that I wasn't supposed to have and even though I can't keep up, I love her to death! I am writing a cookbook for her stomach condition because she is on a special diet and that keeps me busy along with doing the quilting that I do.

I am going to talk to the VA and see if the Vet Rep can help me out starting a business. If not, I plan to go back to work when she starts school full time.

At least her diet is pretty healthy so if I stay away from the junk food then I don't have to worry about gaining, just watching portions. I got a Wii for Christmas so I am trying to get some more exercise too.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:38 AM
FitDay Member

I too am a mom over 40 with a soon to be 3 year old boy and a soon to be 5 year old boy (22 months apart). Trying to diet, exercise, transport my older son to and from K-4, and have energy pretty much is impossible. Add to that trying to work at home with my children not in day care leaves me not much time to sleep or get things done around the house. My husband helps as much as he can but he is out of the house between getting to and from work plus working for about 10 hours a day (of course the majority of that is when the boys are awake). If there was no such thing as caffeine I do not know what I would do some days.