View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
tandoorichicken
FitDay Member

cinnamon,

I would suggest, that for sustainability's sake, try not to eat the same things every day. You'll wear out quickly if you do. Get a variety of meat, vegetables, and carbs (as long as you stay away from the junk) and don't feel that you have to restrict calories so drastically to start losing weight.

On both days you listed I'd say lunch was your most balanced meal, because you included some meat, some vegetable and a carb (fries). The first day's breakfast could be made more productive if you make a tuna omelet with an egg or two, a handful of spinach, sliced avocado and a dash of salt and pepper. It is more complete, and IMO tastes better than just chunk tuna with mustard.

Taste is very important in sticking to your diet. "Healthy food" doesn't have to taste like crap just because "unhealthy food" tastes amazing.

My rules:
1) eat real food - more vegetables, moderate meat, moderate fruits, less grains, less sugar, less vegetable oils.
2) exercise - moderate intensity cardio, sprinting, heavy lifting, dedicated stretching and mobility.
3) live - relax, de-stress, meditate.

Disclaimer: I'm not professionally qualified to make any formal recommendations. I've just done my homework and I'm my own guinea pig. All of my data, unless otherwise cited, comes from a sample size of n=1 (me).
tandoorichicken is offline   Reply With Quote