Notices

HI!

Old 06-28-2010, 04:55 PM
FitDay Member

Default HI!

Hey y'all!! My name is Haley, I am from Texas. I am 27 years old and have a 4 year old son. I am on a mission to lose 83 pounds. I just started officially June 24, 2010. I hope to learn tips and tricks and pick up some healthy eating ideas from y'all. I have gallbladder issues and while waiting for removal, I am sticking to an extremely low-fat diet. I just wanted to say hi!
Old 06-29-2010, 12:34 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Haley, welcome to Fitday! Congratulations on making a healthy decision for yourself! Have a look around the forums, I'm sure you will find many subjects and threads that you identify with. This is a great way to touch base with people on the same path as you. I am 41, from Montreal and am on my way to losing 52 pounds. I've lost almost 7 in the past 4 weeks. Tomorrow is my weigh-in day and I check in with a little club here called the Wed Club. Look out for the posting tomorrow. We always check in on Wednesdays and report our progress.

My best advice is to try and get as much protein as you can in a day, I aim for 35-40% and mix your exercises. Weight training and cardio are both necessary for calorie burn and muscle toning. The combination of the two is really effective.

Best of luck on your healthy new lifestyle!
Rose
Old 06-29-2010, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am currently walking/jogging 3 miles every night. I am aiming for 1500 calories a day but so far I have only been averaging 1024 calories a day. I am trying to get all the protein in that I can but I have stomach issues that make it painful to take in too much. I am keeping fat grams to under 20 a day until my gallbladder is removed because in doing so, I have not had an attack in the last week. I am having the WORST time trying to give up cokes though, I have given up all fast food and junk period..but cant seem to let go of my soda 100%...i have cut down to one a day thus far.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:32 PM
FitDay Member

You take good care of your stomach issues. I know how painful that can be! I had an ulcer attack at the end of March and had to eat bland for two months. It was challenging and of course boring.

I kicked the soda habit quite a few years ago. In fact I think I was about your age. It makes a huge difference when you let it go. You'll have a much easier time getting the weight off if you stick to water and tea. I like to make iced green tea in the summer and I sweeten it with Agave nectar, because it doesn't affect your blood sugar but it's just as sweet as sugar so I go easy on it. It's very refreshing! You could also make iced tea from all sorts of flavored herbal teas, like Raspberry and Peach tea. They're all great and tea has no calories.

Good luck!
Old 06-29-2010, 02:42 PM
FitDay Member

Red face Hi There, Newbie from Connecticut

Hi All,
This is actually my fourth time starting FitDay but I've never used this forum feature before. I say "starting" b/c the three other attempts were never really followed through on beyond one month.

This time is different because I FEEL committed and I've actually eliminated many distractions that previously zapped my time and energy.

I'm looking to lose thirty pounds by Oct 30th of this year but really, I just want my size 10 clothes to look good on me. I'd like to also increase my strength and stamina. Right now I'm pushing a size 12. I'm 37 years old, 5'8" tall and right now I weigh 170 pounds which is the same weight just before I gave birth to my daughter. I honestly do not know where I pack all of these pounds because I don't look that bad. My stomach is a mess though. I waitressed for years so I always had muscle tone until about five years ago. My mom passed away and I kind of went into a depression. I've really done a number on my health as a result and I just want to regain my presence in this world.

So my plan is 1600 calories per day with 35% protein and daily exercise and multivitamins. No volunteering, no overtime at work. Keeping life simple so that I can make my health a priority once and for all.

Thanks for listening/reading.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:23 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by haleydee
Hey y'all!! My name is Haley, I am from Texas. I am 27 years old and have a 4 year old son. I am on a mission to lose 83 pounds. I just started officially June 24, 2010. I hope to learn tips and tricks and pick up some healthy eating ideas from y'all. I have gallbladder issues and while waiting for removal, I am sticking to an extremely low-fat diet. I just wanted to say hi!
Welcome and good luck! I am new too. I am trying to lose at least 50. I am extremely motivated and disciplined but I admit I am overwhlemed too.

Good luck
Old 06-29-2010, 06:37 PM
FitDay Member

Talking

My Wednesday Check-In Results-

Starting Weight: 248
Current Weight: 243..this will probably change in the morning, im gonna weigh again, I just couldnt stand the waiting anymore LOL and i had food right before I weighed myself on my new scale!

Starting Measurements on Left..Current Measurement on Right
Neck: 16-15
Bicep: 14-14
Forearm: 11-10.5
Chest: 50-48
Waist: 43-42.5
Hips: 55-54.5
Thigh: 25-24.75
Calf: 16-16

Total Inches Lost for this week: 4.75