View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 04:40 PM   #25 (permalink)
jennygoodman
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by almeeker View Post
Jennygoodman, I remembered reading this post, but couldn't remember for the life of me where you put it. Anyway what I wanted to say was that I also HATE being on the elliptical for the first 10-15 minutes, it takes me that long to get warmed up and then it feels good to me. So I would highly suggest you get on and make yourself go for at least 20-30 minutes, then you'll get your runner's high and can skip the marijuana.... Which by the way I don't suggest. I have no idea if it gives you more endurance, but the damage to your lungs is not worth the trade off.

Lol I have never smoked marijuana in my life!!! Nor will I ever! I used to smoke cigarettes though...I quit in January.

I have gotten a lot better on the elliptical. On days that I'm feeling really ambitious and have nothing else to do, I will stay on for 45 minutes to an hour. Most days I do 30-35 minutes, and then usually some free weights or ab and leg work. And yes, it takes me a while to warm up to the idea of working out...since I have problems staying motivated, I distract myself by reading while I'm on the elliptical. My book covers up the time-monitor and I have no idea how long I've been going. When I read, I go the entire time without stopping (unless I stop for 15 seconds to take a drink of water). Keeping my mind occupied is what helps my endurance!!!

HEIGHT:5'8"
SW: 176 (ehh...we'll go with 05/01/10)
CW: 163(10/15/10)
GW1:155 (2/15/11)
GW2:145 (04/15/11)
jennygoodman is offline   Reply With Quote