Notices

Need a diet to cut!

Old 04-30-2010, 07:59 AM
FitDay Member

Default Need a diet to cut!

For the least 5 months I've been stuck on 14% body fat, and I really want to slim down to 10%.

I need a diet that'll help me get down, but at the same time give me enough protein to maintain my workout.

Before, I have been eating 2 eggs and oatmeal, 2 turkey sandwiches, pasta mixed with beef and vegetables, and cereal.

When I entered in the food on this site, I had a bit of a hard time since I couldn't exactly find the correct entry for the food I ate, but overall Id say that I get 1,500 calories per day, 45 g of fat, 177 g of carbs, and 67 g of protein.

im actually REALLY surprised at how little protein im getting, I always thought I was getting more. And I see the huge amount of carbs is probably the reason I'm not going down.

So, can anyone help me out with a diet for cutting? And, can someone help me with a diet for building as well, as I haven't really bulked up at all in the last few months.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:59 PM
FitDay Member

I am no expert but there is lots of information on cutting and clean bulking on the Bodybuilding.com website. I would suggest you incorporate whey protein shakes into your diet to up your protein. I can't get enough protein without it.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

To cut, you'll probably want to drop your carb intake and increase your fat and protein intake. This way you'll be eating less and less often; fat is more calorie-dense so you can eat less of it and feel just as full.

A tip for bulking: eat a complete meal of protein, fat, and some carb within an hour-two hours of coming back from the gym. Your body is starving for nutrients at this point and nearly everything you eat will go towards recovery and rebuilding muscle. You'll definitely have to eat more than maintenance but if you time it like this it will be predominantly muscle rather than fat.

-Nik
Old 06-05-2010, 08:40 AM
FitDay Member

How much do you weigh? You can make a cusomized food that fits what you're eating. If you're stuck, at a certain body fat percentage(not going up or down) i would bet that you're taking in a maintenance level caloric intake, if you are in fact taking in 1500 calories which could very well be an underestimation. Lower your calories about 100 cals for one to two weeks, and see if you start dropping body fat again.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:46 AM
FitDay Member

Read my post on the 'diabetes and low-carb diet?' thread. It's a few posts below this one, and I believe it will help you get your weight down to a place you will be very satisfied with
Old 06-07-2010, 11:55 PM
FitDay Member

Hi! I have a great book for you, its in pdf format and I can send it to you by e-mail. Its for everyone who want extreme cut, lower those last few % . Diet and training, its insane and extreme and you really need strong motivation, but if you endure it you'll have the lowest body fat in your life!
Check it on net: The Ultimate Diet 2.0 by Lyle McDonald | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

If that's what you're looking for give me your address and I'll send it to you right away!
Good luck!
Old 06-08-2010, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

Hello All,

New here myself. Great information here. I am in the same boat. Came down from 301 lbs to now 187 in a span of about 2 years plus. Now doing a combination of Turbulence Training and INSANITY. Trying to lose that last layer of Fat has become quite the obsticle. all4eternity, any chance you could send that book to me to check out? It would be great to check it out.

Thanks!
Old 06-08-2010, 07:41 PM
FitDay Member

Sure! Just give me e-mail address!
Old 06-09-2010, 12:59 AM
FitDay Member

[email protected]

Thanks very much!
Old 06-12-2010, 03:59 AM
FitDay Member

ok just sent you the book! let me know how you like it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.