caloric intake >

caloric intake

Community
Notices

caloric intake

Old 06-25-2010, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default caloric intake

I joined an exercise boot camp. They told us to take our weight x 13.8 x .8 to figure how many calories we should eat to lose weight. Fit day has me at 1498 to reach my goal. If I use this calculation its 1909. Has anyone used a calculation like that? I am 173 and want to weigh 140. thanks
Old 06-25-2010, 06:08 AM
FitDay Member

In what time period do you want to reach your goal weight? The answer would depend on that.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

I would like to reach gol by Dec 1, 2010. Would that be the difference in amounts? I never thought of that. He also doesnt put a % of carbs/proteins/fats just says meet your calories.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Metabolism isn't just based on your weight, so that calculation won't work for everyone. I've had really good luck over the last couple of years with the fitday estimates, and I think they're a little more accurate since they take your age, gender, and activity level into account. Use the weight goal feature, with your start and goal weights along with dates, and I think you'll get better results with that.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:20 PM
FitDay Member

Default Weight loss

To lose just one pound, you must have a calorie deficit of 3500 calories. The best way to watch your deficit is with the fit day program. If you enter all you eat, and enter all your activities, it should be pretty close.

I know personally that if I eat 1900 calories a day, I won't lose wt. and I exercise strenuously 4-5 days per week.

Good luck!!