Notices

Seeking a flat stomach in 3 weeks!

Old 06-16-2010, 10:22 PM
FitDay Member

Default Seeking a flat stomach in 3 weeks!

Hello all, new here. I am a 42/m. I am 6'2" 175 lbs. Not overweight, but I noticed I have been getting a belly. And I don't like it at all. Plus I met a wonderful sexy woman, who I want to keep. Anyways, it is a long distance relationship, and I want my stomach back to normal when I go visit her in 3 weeks! I know diet is a big issue. I need to lose a couple to 3 inches! How can i do it? Starve? Please help!!! I can "suck in" my stomach to achieve the look i want, so I'm not too far off...
Old 06-16-2010, 10:33 PM
FitDay Member

No you don't need to starve, just the opposite in fact, you need to feed your muscles a high protein diet. I'm no expert, but would recommend an hour of hard cardio daily, along with a high protein, low carb diet, and a good ab/core strengthening workout every other day. Three weeks is pretty short for any serious difference, if you had a longer time span I might point you in the direction of P90X, which seems to give a lot of guys a nice 6-pack. Oh, you might want to lay off the beer and pizza as well.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

Hello! I am no pro but here is a tip it works, it is not healthy because of calorie restriction.

Try this, have breakfast no more than 250 calories.
Have lunch max calories 350
Have dinner before 7.00 p.m. 250 calories
Do some strength training, use heavy weights ...30 mins 6 times in week, rest 1 day
Please let me know your results, good luck...Harold
Old 06-17-2010, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

lay off the carbs they tend to cause belly distention. High Protien lots of Cardio with some good core strength training.....
What if your sexy lady friend likes pecs? I prefer a sexy set of pecs personally And you are probably being more critical then your lady friend .....she probably wont even notice 2 or 3 inches
Old 06-17-2010, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 71simcoestreet
Hello! I am no pro but here is a tip it works, it is not healthy because of calorie restriction.

Try this, have breakfast no more than 250 calories.
Have lunch max calories 350
Have dinner before 7.00 p.m. 250 calories
Do some strength training, use heavy weights ...30 mins 6 times in week, rest 1 day
Please let me know your results, good luck...Harold
I could not survive a week let alone 3 weeks at 850 calories a day, and I am not 6'-2".

I would suggest you trim 500-1000 calories a day from your maintenance + activity level. (Some people can trim more but you risk sending your body into starvation mode and slowing down your metabolism to the point you don't lose weight.)

I agree you should increase your protein intake to at least 30% of your calories, strength train and do cardio. (Cardio may be your best weapon since you only have 3 weeks.) If you haven't been exercising don't try to do too much too soon. The worst thing you can do is injure yourself because you forgot you weren't 17 anymore (LOL).

Cut out as many simple carbohydrates (anything made with white flour, or sugar) as possible from your diet. Substitute vegetables and some fruit. Stop drinking any calories, soda and beer/alcohol are truly empty calories. If you drink them on a regular basis cutting just them out can have a huge impact on your caloric intake.

I would encourage you to make healthy changes that you can live with beyond the 3 week point. Whether that means eating healthier, being more active or a combination of the two.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:29 AM
FitDay Member

Some people might consider it a "girly" workout, but nothing beats pilates to tone and strengthen the abs.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:09 PM
FitDay Member

Default Need to lose my belly fat in 2 weeks! Help

Not much here, about 5-10 lbs. I'm 6'1" 180lbs. In fairly good shape... But I have a little belly fat, That I would like to get rid of quick! I see my gf in two weeks. I want to look my best.
Should I just eat ALL fat free foods? What about ab exercises?
Old 06-22-2010, 10:42 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks everyone. So it seems like Carbs & Calories are the key. What about fat? I've been trying to eat all fat-free foods... I don't drink any beer or soda. Just water, juice, 2% milk, and Wine. (2 weeks left)
Old 06-23-2010, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

Unfortunately, all the ab exercises in the world can't get rid of belly fat. Trim, tone, build muscle, yes... but to drop pounds of belly fat in such a short time is going to take some hardcore dieting (reduced calorie, emphasizing protein) and cardio, cardio, cardio...
Old 06-23-2010, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator

you can not spot reduce. How much are you looking to loose? 2 Weeks isn't a lot time to change much.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.