View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 01:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
gallusgal
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by showmenow View Post
You look great! Thanks for posting the pictures and keep up the good work. I know what you mean about the healthy eating. Just to see someone eating a big greasy hamburger and fries almost puts my body into shock. I honestly don't know how my body would react if I ate something like that now. Believe me, I still get cravings but I know what it will do to me to eat that stuff and how hard I have worked to get the weight off. I haven't given in yet and it has been a little over a year so hopefully my lifestyle change will "stick" now

Congrats on the running. I recently started jogging on the treadmill. That was a big milestone for me. When I look back to when I started, I was doing good just to be walking on the treadmill! I can't jog for long periods of time but I do what I can. I am a nasty smoker and my endurance is just about ZERO for running so I switch off from walking to jogging for a bit and then back to walking.

Gallusgal- I know what you mean about the pictures. I am absolutely disgusted when I see a picture of myself a year ago. How did I let myself get to that point? My mother in law said something to me awhile back that I didn't quite know how to take. We had all gone on a cruise a couple of years ago and she had found some pictures of it. She told me- I found some pictures of you on the cruise and the next time you feel like eating, I am going to show them to you. What the heck was that supposed to mean? I just looked at her. Whether she was trying to be hurtful or not, she did hurt my feelings. She also keeps telling me that she had better get on the ball and start losing weight so I don't get "skinny than her". Do you think she may have some jealousy issues?

It sounds like she was trying to be hurtful, maybe to make you comfort eat a little more? I am going to play amateur psychologist and say that she saw you weight as your weakness. Not that I am suggesting she is a mean person, I just know what MIL's are like!

And yes, boy, oh boy, she is jealous! I saw your pics on the other thread, I applaud you and the OP for being brave enough to show them, I don't even let my closest friends and family see pics these days. You look FABULOUS, and as far as she is concerned, you are strong, beautiful and brave enough to tackle what was obviously a major problem and deal with it. MIL's are always in competition for the darling son's affections, no matter how friendly and nice they are. I am just guessing, but your weight was an asset to her in this ancient and unspoken battle between wife and Mom.

You are most definitely playing with the upper hand now.
gallusgal is offline   Reply With Quote