Notices

Seems like it's giving me to many calories

Old 01-16-2010, 07:38 AM
FitDay Member

Question Seems like it's giving me to many calories

I just recently signed up for this program but when I go into customize metabolism it's giving me about 1,500 calories per day however when I look at my caloric chart it's giving me more than 1,500. Is it calculating that you will burn calories during the night? It seems to be giving me about 2,400 for lifestyle and then I do activities which give me about an additional 400, it just seems like it's giving me more calories than it should. Any advice would be great!
Old 01-20-2010, 01:32 AM
fitday_jim

Hi ttwitty2. You think FitDay is showing too many calories burned? The program does count the calories you burn at night. The calorie burn is calculated using three value. The first is how many calories your body burns just to stay alive. The second is how many calories you burn because of your lifestyle (usually the type of work you do). The third is any exercise/activities you do during the day. Add the three of those together and you get your calorie burn.

If you think your looks wrong, let me know and I can take a look.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

Question Hard time choosing lifestyle that fits best.

Thanks for the information. I am a stay at home mom so I'm having a hard time choosing my lifestyle. I'm definitely not sitting all day long but I'm not standing up non stop either. Any advice as to what I should choose? So if I am wanting to loose weight and it's giving me about 2,900 calories per day what should I be aiming for? Like 1200-1400 or something? I would love for you to look at my profile and ect. and tell me what you think.
Thanks,
Ttwitty2
Old 01-27-2010, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem, and so is my friend! It says that according to the Harris-Benedict estimate, your Baseline Metabolism is 1,565 calories per day. But then in the Activity log it's giving me 2556 calories (difference of 991). When I try to use a custom baseline of 2100 (since that is what I have averaged by using a few other websites) it actually gives me 3430 calories (difference of 1330!)!!

What is going on? This makes it very hard to track how many calories I should be eating!

Thanks,
beachbum_cw
Old 01-27-2010, 06:44 AM
FitDay Member

Everyone:
This is counting 24 hours of which ever activity level you picked. And you are probably only active/awake 10-14 hours a day. So you have to enter in how much you sleep! This should lower you total burn for the whole 24 hours.