Notices

Sharing custom foods

Old 01-20-2010, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default Sharing custom foods

I've created a lot of custom foods for myself - organics, things that aren't found in the regular Fitday database, power/energy bars, protein drinks, etc. Now my wife would like to be able to use some of them, but I don't see any way to share custom foods with her.

Do we have to re-create the list?
Old 02-23-2010, 08:03 PM
FitDay Member

You can make your wife a friend of your profile. Make sure to put your settings as being sharable with friends. Then when she clicks on your profile from her friends list all your custom foods will be available.

Cheers
Old 03-10-2010, 06:49 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, I would like to do this as well with my spouse. He can see my custom foods, but there is no place to add them to his custom foods or to add them to what he has eaten that day. All you seem to be able to do is view. Is the PC version different?
Old 03-22-2010, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Same here. I went to all the trouble of connecting my profile with my wife's, only to discover that we can only see one another's custom foods but cannot add them to our own food logs. Unless there is something we are missing, this is a much needed missing feature.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:05 PM
FitDay Member

That doesn't surprise me, this is the greatest tool on the internet for nutrition reference! But the interactivity is lagging behind other sites like caloriecount.com. That is not near as good a website but it does have many more of the basics covered as far as social networking is concerned. Fitday.com should develop its social aspects much more allowing sharing of custom foods and friends/support lists etc.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:47 AM
FitDay Member

We experienced the same issue. I'm not real sure why anyone would really want to share their profile if they are not going to gain anything from it (like being able to use other people's custom foods). My wife and I typically eat the same things so it would be very helpful to be able to actually do more than LOOK at her custom foods - I still have to enter the same info myself to add it to my log.

Come to think about it, it would be VERY nice to just have two searches - a built in food database search that we have now AND a custom food search that compiles all of the foods people have manually entered. That way, the food database would get big really quickly, but you can still have a separation between "trusted" source and a wiki-source, if you will, where you kinda need to verify the accuracy. But at least it would be there.

I just hate when we BOTH have to add the same custom foods and it seems like Fitday kind of tricked us into sharing our profiles by saying that you could share custom foods, but then you can't do anything but look. Seems like a stupid feature.