View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 03:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
showmenow
FitDay Member

Here are some of the staple vegetables that I always have on hand and the things that I do with them. You can tell what vegies I like lol.

broccoli-

I buy a can of Campbells broccoli cheese soup, add skim milk, ham and fresh or frozen broccoli to it. This will make at least 2 meals and it can also be frozen it for later too.

Stir Fry

In salad

As a side dish, steamed with a slice of FF cheese melted on top

In quiche- broccoli, egg beaters, hashbrowns (make my own), ff cheese, mushrooms if you want, skim milk. Mix it all together and bake.

On a baked potato

Zucchini-

I broil it with seasoning (Ms. Dash or whatever you like) and a sprinkle of bread crumbs

I put it on kabobs

In salad

Stir Fry

zucchini rounds side dish- grate zucchini, add egg beaters and a couple of teaspoons of flour, little bit of garlic powder and salt. Make into flat patties and fry in skillet with Pam spray. You can sprinkle the top with a little Parmesan cheese. These are really yummy!

Sprayed with Pam and thrown on the grill.

White whole mushrooms- I eat more mushrooms than any normal person should!

Use them in an omelet

Sautee whole in skillet and throw some ff mozzerella on top to melt- GOOD as a side dish.

On kabobs

sliced and put in salad

sliced, sauteed with onions and put on lean steak sandwiches

stuffed with crab meat and ff cream cheese and broiled (this is a meal in itself)

Grape Tomatoes-

I grab a handful of these and will eat them with a sandwich or as a snack and also in salads.

I use all of the stuff above during the week in salads and such. I buy the salad mix in a bag with a couple of kinds of lettuce, cabbage and carrots. So when you add the vegetables above you get quite a good variety. When I get to the end of the week and IF there is anything left that is going to go bad- I will throw it all in a skillet along with some shrimp or chicken and make stir fry. It is a great way to use everything up, is low in calories and is very filling. Another good way to use up them up is to make kabobs, slice them up and marinate in ff Italian dressing overnight, thread them on skewers with chunks of white meat chicken and either grill or broil them.

Hoped this helped you out a little!

Deanna
showmenow is offline   Reply With Quote