View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
almeeker
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabefitgrl View Post
I'll just jump on the bandwagon I guess and admit that I, too, feel great about not drinking shakes or taking pills in order to shed pounds.

almeeker, I was wondering what made you, at 242 pounds, decide you wanted to weigh 120? That seems like such a ballsy move and a huge committment. I've been asked lately what my ultimate weight loss goal is and it's made me see that I don't really have one. It hasn't really hurt my progress, I just focus on 5-10 pounds at a time, but I was curious as to how you came up with that goal weight. Is it based on body type/BMI at all?
I'm a small human in terms of height and skeleton. I measure about 5'-1 1/2" and according to my knee doc I have a "slight" or "delicate" skeletal structure. Before I started this process, I asked both my knee doctor and my regular doc what a healthy weight for me would be. They both looked me in the eye and said "115 pounds". The healthy range for me is like 100-135 pounds, so 115 is right about in the middle of that. I also have degenerative disc disease and bad knees, so I think both docs were inclined to put me at a lighter weight than I would have chosen for myself. I added 5 pounds because I didn't feel like 115 took my cup size into consideration and being well endowed I should be allowed at least another 5 pounds for "the girls". At first the 120 pound goal was overwhelming, but it's less so nowadays. I feel like it's very possible to reach my goal weight and to find a way to maintain it for the rest of my life. I weighed 120 pounds when I was in my teens and twenty's. At that time I wore a size 6-8, so even at 120 pounds I'm not a skinny stick of human, I doubt my ribs will even show.
Goal weight: 120 lbs
Weight to go: 44 lbs
Goal Date: 1/1/13
almeeker is offline   Reply With Quote