View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #45 (permalink)
cheshirekat24
FitDay Member

Default Newbie trying to GAIN weight

I almost feel like I don't belong here because mine is, as far as I've been able to tell, the only post about needing to gain weight. But I am hoping to find some support anyway, since all of us have issues with our weight, whether it's over or under a healthy number.

I have always been underweight, from early childhood on, but by the time I was a freshman in college I had hit a healthy weight for my height (120lbs at 5'7"). Still slim, but healthy enough. Then I became very sick for a year and lost 20lbs, which I have not been able to gain back even after a year of trying.

I know the obvious answer seems to be, "Eat everything in sight!" The problem? I am allergic to corn and all corn products (including HFCS, dextrin, dextrose, malodextrin... etc.). That eliminates most high-calorie foods for me, which makes getting enough calories into my diet hard enough as it is. I am also lactose intolerant, so a lot of dairy products are on my "can't eat" list.

I am at 105 lbs now and would like to gain at least 15 more. I'm hoping that maybe I'm not the only one here looking to gain weight to reach my healthy weight goal rather than lose it, and that maybe someone will have some tips as to how to deal with an allergy-restricted diet and still get enough calories.

Thanks for your help!

- K
cheshirekat24 is offline   Reply With Quote