View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 08:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
thiscowgirl
FitDay Member

I am 41 yrs old, have 40-50 lbs to shed, get healthy for not only myself, but my family and would love some email/texting buddies.... you can reach me at thiscowgirlloveschip@yahoo.com

We are a pretty active family - ride horses, rodeo, ride 4 wheelers. Trouble is since I;ve gained all this weight in the last 2 years I don't want to do any of that. Nothing fits and it's hard for me to get on my own horse, by myself! Super frustrating! I know I became LAZY over the winter 2008 and turned 40... bad eating habits are a huge part of the problem.

I have re-evaluated my diet getting rid of late night dinners, fried chicken/mashed tatos... that my husband makes (I'm not a cook.... he does most of it). I am eating fresh fruit/veggies, fat free dressings, lean meats - chicken/turkey/salmon. Lots of water.

Now, I am watching every bite that goes into my mouth and asking myself am I really hungry. I have all of the Biggest Loser books by Jillian Michaels. I have read and re-read them so that I can understand what I need to do.

In the old days, I'd just cut my calories drastically and lose weight - that was when I was a waitress, on the move all the time. Recently, the office job just isn't enough movement. Seem to get too tired to go after work and not a fan of going at 5 am!

I lost my job last month so now I have all day/evening to do this for myself.
We have a split level with 2 sets of stairs that I am up and down all day long. Household chores, dogs, horses to take care of. I love working out when I go.... the problem is I don't go often enough. My 11 yr old daughter even tries to get me to go and I put her off. WHY!!!??? I love the feeling I get after a good workout! WHY do I not go???

I think maybe if I had a DRILL SARGEANT to help push me.... my husband can't do that cuz I get mad at him...

So, if you want to, give me a holla!

Thanks for listening!

Deb
thiscowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote