View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #24 (permalink)
tandoorichicken
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedoCTB View Post
It's all Calories in VS Calories out. You can eat whatever you want and lose weight as long as you're eating in a deficit. If you're inactive, eat healthy fats, and if you're active eat a combo of fats/carbs.

Try not to complicate things too much.
The fact that you should eat differently whether you're active or sedentary proves that it's not simply a matter of in vs. out. That hypothesis has been disproven over and over again in the literature, but it's one that for some reason dieticians love to cling onto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucpilon View Post
Its really stupid im only suppose to eat so many fat grams and i cant even eat penuts because if i enter them in the log it takes up like 1 third of my fat intake, there should be a place to write in good fats because they shouldnt count? any tips
"good fats" are still fats, and they typically have similar fates in the body as the "bad fats." All fat has the potential to be stored as body fat if you have an accompanying insulin response. You can just as easily pack on fat if you eat bread with too many avocados as you can by eating bread with too much butter.

My rules:
1) eat real food - more vegetables, moderate meat, moderate fruits, less grains, less sugar, less vegetable oils.
2) exercise - moderate intensity cardio, sprinting, heavy lifting, dedicated stretching and mobility.
3) live - relax, de-stress, meditate.

Disclaimer: I'm not professionally qualified to make any formal recommendations. I've just done my homework and I'm my own guinea pig. All of my data, unless otherwise cited, comes from a sample size of n=1 (me).
tandoorichicken is offline   Reply With Quote