Notices

Workout Stats?

Old 06-04-2010, 08:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default Workout Stats?

I am a moderately active/athletic girl, but on the heavy side. I have recently been going back to the gym and am less than impressed with my abilities. I used to run and lift a lot several years ago and was pretty healthy and strong. I feel like I still have a decent amount of strenth, but at the moment I cannot do many pushups (8 or so with decent form) and barely can do a pull up.

Current stats:

Bench 160 1rm, reps of 12 at around 110
Leg press 540 1rm, reps of 12 at 370
Lat pulldown 170 1rm, reps of 12 at 120
Running - about 4 minutes at 5.5 before I feel like I am going to die.

Wondering if anyone else is in the same situation and if they have had any positive gains on cardio/strength goals. Just looking for a little inspiration. Thanks, Y.A.P.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hi coracobrachialis!

I don't keep track of my strength stats (and I don't do traditional weight lifting to gain strength), but I was, before I had children, athletic and strong. I could keep up with most men my age in most sports. About 7 months ago, when I had trouble getting off the ground after playing with my 4 year old (20 lb overweight), I decided I needed to get back at it. I could go 20 minutes with a personal trainer before I felt like I was going to pass out. It took me 2 months before I could go the full hour and feel good.

Now, I can do about 20 push ups (pre workout), I lose count on my sit ups, and I run 8 k at a speed of 6 without feeling out of breath. I don't think I'll ever be where I was at before kids again (I just don't have the time), but I feel good and I can keep up with my kids!

Don't worry, keep working at it, set small goals, and before you know it you will be where you were several years ago!