Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Bad Supplement alert- Super Dieters Tea- side effects!!! >

Bad Supplement alert- Super Dieters Tea- side effects!!!

Community
Notices

Bad Supplement alert- Super Dieters Tea- side effects!!!

Old 06-02-2010, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Exclamation Bad Supplement alert- Super Dieters Tea- side effects!!!

If you want: cramping, nausea, appetite loss, dehydration, abdominal pain, sweating and an increase in bowel movements--then try this, but I cannot recommend it for anything except constipation.

I tried this "tea" few years ago, and I can't believe that the product is still out there. I saw it at GNC--it has the same natural laxative as ExLax...Senna.

I have never had worse abdominal cramps in my life--even after the Olestra chips I had in the 90s!!! Have an EXTRA COUPLE OF ROLLS OF TOILET PAPER READY if you take this supplement--you'll be on the pot all night.

On the positive side, my wife gave it to her granny when she had elderly, constipation issues and...Oila! no more constipation with this stuff...I DO NOT recommend using this for diet.
Link Removed
Attached Images

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 09-11-2018 at 04:37 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:39 PM
FitDay Member

LOL! I remember my first encounter with Super Dieter's Tea. It said in big bold letters DO NOT OVERSTEEP! I thought, "Please! It's just tea!" I oversteeped. I went to bed. I shot outta bed from a deep sleep at about 3am and RAN to the bathroom! I stayed there for about an hour or so. My stomach hurt soooo bad. I never oversteeped again!
Old 06-12-2010, 02:56 PM
FitDay Member

Default Love it!

Believe it or not but I love this kind of tea! It was hard the first time - yes. But thats only because its clears out all the stuff you got stuffed up inside of you and its alot if you havn't gone through a detox or so.

I try to drink one of these teas(super dieters/ smooth move/ senna leaf) about 2 times a week before I go to bed, not earlier because I don't want to wake up in the middle of the night. The morning afterwards I might feel alittle tension in my tummy and need to go to the bathroom. But as soon as im done there, after no more than 5min I feel light and easy and "flushed" out.

I have been doing this for about 2month. I'm thinking of doing it for another 2 month and then maybe go down to taking the tea if I have eaten alot of bad stuff one weekend or so. I think I read somewhere its not good for the body to drink this tea to often in the longrun..
Old 06-12-2010, 04:23 PM
FitDay Member

Exclamation

Be careful, Partofmyworld. Using laxatives this way can lead to bulimia. It doesn't matter which end you purge from, it's still purging and can be addictive and very dangerous.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:46 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Any other tea to try out there?

They said green tea is good for detox, or any kind of tea. I'm trying to find the best one yet but everything seems to be all similar. I came across into different websites every now and then, but i'm worrying about the side effects. I know that teas are organic but sometimes, they could result of stomach pain or hunger-- resulting in too much food intake just to satisfy that. I came across in The Red tea detox ad, but I think that it's too good to be true. what do you guys think? Should I try it? Or maybe you could give me some suggestions? I don't know, but this blog Link removed seems to make a good review about it. Thank you for your responses

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 09-03-2018 at 08:19 AM.
Old 08-30-2018, 09:12 AM
FitDay Member

Tea is super good for detox!
Old 09-11-2018, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you for the advice! I was actually going to try something similar, but luckily I've read this before doing so.
As a replacement for this, I've just read this article featuring the best weight loss drinks(natural drinks). They seem safe and most of them are very easy-to-prepare drinks at home. here's the article:
Link Removed

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 09-11-2018 at 04:34 AM.