Notices

Disgusting Weekend

Old 06-01-2010, 02:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default Disgusting Weekend

I had the best weekend...in terms of activities, being with my husband and friends, etc. However, in terms of eating, my weekend was totally disgusting. Friday night we went out to eat and I completely pigged out. Afterwards we got brownie sundaes. My calories ended up being about 2000 over what I expended. I figured that was it for me and eating bad for the weekend. Of course, it was a long weekend so I didn't feel that way anymore by Sunday.
Saturday I did all right. I ate a lot, but was still slightly under in calories. Then came Sunday. My husband and I went to the lake with a few friends. We had hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, dip, cookies, etc. I ate and ate and ate. By the time we left the lake I was stuffed, but then we all went back to my friends house. While the husbands barbecued with the kids, us ladies decided we should order pizza. Then my friend made cookies!
So, for the entire weekend I overate by about a pound and a half. That would be gross enough, except this morning my scale told me I had gained 6.5 pounds!!!! Is that even possible?!?!?!
Old 06-01-2010, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Kristyn...Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend with friends and family. Enjoy that memory.
I would think some of that weight gain is probably water as I see a ton of salt there. But even so, it's Tuesday now...don't beat yourself up...remember the big picture. Just get back on track. You can do it...you've proven that over the past 5 months.

Last edited by dizzy_44; 06-01-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Kristy, Dizzy's right, just enjoy that memory and get right back on track. Don't beat yourself up about it because at this point what's done is done. You are perfectly entitled to be human and get sidetracked sometimes. The most important part of this is to get back to business.

I am sure that you did not gain over 6 pounds in one weekend. It's got to be water weight from all the sugar and salt you consumed. Try not to weigh yourself more than once a week because your weight fluctuates from day to day. I find this very hard... I keep getting tempted to get on that scale and see how I'm doing but I know it's not the only way to measure progress.

Good luck this week and check back in to let us know how you're doing. Believe me, we have all been there and done that. It's ok to falter because in the long run, this will only be a blip in your progress!
Old 06-01-2010, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

I know exactly where you're coming from when you say it feels disgusting, Kristyn! But keep in mind it takes 3,500 extra calories to gain a pound of fat, and while it does sound like a pound or even two of what you're seeing on the scale might be actual "fat gain" due to all of the excess calories consumed, the rest of it is most likely just the.. um... "byproduct" of all that food that just hasn't left the premises yet. Coupled with some water weight, as dizzy said. So yep, just resolve to get back on track, and don't forget to write in your journal about how this weekend of eating has made you feel! I know that's what I had to do this morning. I'm just coming off of a few weeks of eating with wreckless abandon, and today I have declared enough is enough! I'm climbing back up on that wagon and holding on tight this time! LOL
Old 06-01-2010, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

I did a little 'pigging out' myself over the weekend. But I did make myself get some exercise even when I had planned a day off, which helped a little. Plus after weekends where I don't eat so well, I usually get back into my old workout/eat healthy routine for 3-4 days before I weight myself. That way I don't get all discouraged if the scale says I went up a little, as opposed to weighing myself the very next morning.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:42 AM
FitDay Member

I know I'm not supposed to weigh myself everyday, but I can't help it. Usually Thursday is the day I record my weight, the other days are just checking the progress. It's normal for me to weigh slightly more on Mondays and Tuesdays. But this weekend was excessive.
Thanks for all the support!
Old 06-01-2010, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

I think the question of whether to weigh daily or not is subjective. I'm a scale-aholic...I have to see the change, but I also am fully aware that small changes can occur throughout the week and I don't take it to heart until Friday. But again...everybody's different. Do what works for you. (but never weigh right after a memorable weekend)
Old 06-01-2010, 08:36 AM
FitDay Member

I can totally relate. I have a tendency to check my weight every morning even though I know it's not very good for me. This morning I put the scale very high up on top of the bathroom cabinets. I need a step stool to get it down now and I am hoping the inconvenience of retrieving it, will help me resist the temptation to weigh myself everyday.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:47 AM
FitDay Member

mtlgirl...be careful climbing up there every morning to get it LOL
Old 06-01-2010, 08:56 AM
FitDay Member

I will Dizzy! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.