View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 06:10 AM   #42 (permalink)
tandoorichicken
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by circusact View Post
Anyways, how do I keep eating when I feel ridiculously full? I've been feeling really full for the past couple of days, and eating is getting hard.
Just wondering, how long have you been at this? If it's only been a week or two give your body a chance to get used to the load, lift hard and heavy, and the muscle should pile on. You may not need many more calories.

However, if feeling full is your problem, try drinking more of your calories. Drop a couple tablespoons of olive or flax oil (or if you're feeling adventurous, a raw egg) directly into your protein shakes. Take shots of olive oil before dinner (I think it tastes good so it might be easier for me). Also, go for energy-dense foods. You're morning toast is quite porous, so you fill up on a lot of air. If you take that out and add in another egg or three, you'll load up on that much more protein and fat, but without much added food mass.

And don't worry about OD'ing on iron from your vegetables. Believe it or not there are vegan bodybuilders out there and they don't seem to have that problem.

My rules:
1) eat real food - more vegetables, moderate meat, moderate fruits, less grains, less sugar, less vegetable oils.
2) exercise - moderate intensity cardio, sprinting, heavy lifting, dedicated stretching and mobility.
3) live - relax, de-stress, meditate.

Disclaimer: I'm not professionally qualified to make any formal recommendations. I've just done my homework and I'm my own guinea pig. All of my data, unless otherwise cited, comes from a sample size of n=1 (me).
tandoorichicken is offline   Reply With Quote