Notices

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In

Old 05-31-2010, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Arrow 5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In

Happy Tuesday, everyone! Time to check it in...
Old 06-01-2010, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning Everyone!

Cassie- Congratulations on 10 weeks of maintenance! I have to admit, I'm jealous I was thinking about you and Quinn and Beth and the talk about bikini shopping awhile ago and realized it won't be a bikini summer for me this year, but if I hit my goal by Christmas, I'll be wearing one in the snow!

I am down 1 lb this week, which is a step in the right direction again. I need to be more serious about logging all my food again. I have gotten a little lazy about it and realize that it is what I NEED to do if this weight is going to stop see-sawing and go away for good.

Hope you all had a great week!

Jan 1 - 143
June 1 - 135 1/2
Old 06-01-2010, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

Hi! Way to go Mambo! Don't give up-- just stay strong! I am not going to weigh myself today....to brutal after the big weekend.....but I did do the shred three times this week and will continue to do that.....and I am feeling pretty good, using the tape measure instead of the scale for a few days. Anyway, it's great to stay in touch and keep at it...I appreciate your friendship and support! Sharon
Old 06-01-2010, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies! Well...I did NOT meet my goal of 118# by 5/30/10 but, honestly, I'm feeling pretty good all the same. This morning I weighed in at 119. Measurements about the same. Honestly, as long as I'm eating healthy, proper portions, exercising, and getting proper rest, I feel successful. My 16-yr old wanted to do Body-for-LIFE so we started yesterday. I knew she was seriously when she set her alarm for 5:30 am this morning to do some high intensity interval training. Whew!

Mambo, you are doing so well! None of us are perfect and as long as you keep plugging away (like Sharon), you will reach your goal. I know what you mean about logging--I seem to do so much better when I at least plan and write down what I'm eating. Don't want to get "obsessive", but just want to stay mindful of what I'm feeding myself.

I moved my desktop to a more convenient location in my home, so hopefully I will be more active on the forums this week. Hope everyone has a wonderful week!
Old 06-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Hi ladies

Mambo...awesome that you're back on track. Hope you are relaxing some now that the event is behind you. I'm sure you were burning the candle at both ends for a while there! You will get to that bikini before you know it!

Sharon, way to be gentle with yourself. I am skipping the scale today, too, for reasons to be detailed below. Slow and steady wins this race and you are the perfect example.

Hi Beth! What a great thing for you and your daughter to do BFL together! Nothing except a house fire would get my kid up at 5:30 AM! You are an awesome role model for her, with the exercise and everything in moderation attitude. I like the BFL mentality but I am not structured enough (read: too intimidated) to do the formal program .

So...good things and not so good things. Good is that my son is exercising with me and more frequently making good food and snack choices, and my hubby actually came out and played tennis with us yesterday...probably his first exercise in six months...but that's another story. Our farmer's market opens Thursday and I'm really looking forward to that.

The bad...oh, man! Last Tuesday (mostly evening/night) I ate everything in sight! I don't know what my deal was; nothing satisfied so I kept munching. Fortunately I didn't have any real danger foods here but my calorie total was double what it should have been. I wish I could figure out why I did it so it doesn't happen again!! I was really conservative Wed. thru Sat. and by the time I got on the scale again Sunday all was well and back to maintaining...but it was a real rock-off-the-rails slip up and I hated the feeling of being so out of control and powerless. Yesterday I started down the same path but managed to stop at about 300 calories over, and I was actually under by about that much the previous day so hopefully things will even out again. My goal for the week is to figure out what the heck is going on...and fast!!
Old 06-01-2010, 02:02 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone!

Not much new to report weight-wise. Seem to be maintaining fairly well. Hubby is back to work today after a week off of goofing around, eating out waaaaaay too much and just generally having fun.

Cassie* I know what you mean. I kind of did that the last few days myself. I think all of the "warm weather foods" just look especially good to me. Had a few days where I wasn't hungry at all and then boom! I was like a ravenous dog. lol Hopefully, I can pull myself together now that things around here appear to be getting back to normal.

Congrats to all who are sticking to plan!

quinn
Old 06-01-2010, 02:22 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie, My mom is having a hard time with the loss. She says life just doesn't seem normal without her, she is trying to get used to a new "normal". For me, well, I've been thinking about her, and my whole family, a lot today. Seems to come in waves.

I'm wondering if your food binge is because your body needed it? Do you think there are times like that? Were you really hungry or just eating for other reasons? Maybe try journaling before/after you eat during those hard times?

Great job on already getting your weight back down, you are amazing!

i'm really hoping to not be over 124 when I weigh in this Thursday. I bought a small bag of skittles today. I had a little under 1500 cals, I wish it was only 1200.

Built, congrats on your weight and on your health and you wonderful perspective. You've got it all! I'm glad to read your updates since they are now so few and far between!

Quinn, keep it up!! Great job as usual! Glad you had fun with the hubby and the restaurants last week.

Runawayspoon,this weekend was brutal for me too. Luckily I have till Thursday to weigh in, altho that might not be long enough. I don't have a tape measure so all of my measurements are rather imprecise. Let us know how the measurements go

Mambo, 1 pound down! Yipeeee!! Great work, I know 1 lb doesn't come off easily. Keep it up the good work and I hope you track for a day or two this week to start getting into the habit again.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:39 PM
FitDay Member

Default Newbie

Hi Guys!
I've just joined but am totally looking to hook up with a motivated group!
The name is Rachael and Im looking to lose 15 pounds by the end of August. Im trying to find ways to motivate my self to be active. I've just joined a gym but am a bit nervous about going as I don't know anyone and am a bit self conscious. I went today but didn't stay any longer than a few laps in the pool. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get comfortable in a gym?
Start weight: 145
Old 06-01-2010, 08:03 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning ladies!

So nice to hear how everyone is doing!

Beth and Julia - you almost made it, congratulations!!!

Cassie, please don't be to hard on yourself - you've been doing a fantastic job with keeping that weight off. You seem like such an active person, so you'll burn those extra calories in no time!

Rachael, welcome to the club!

I'm down another pound! I didn't expect any weight change, since I was sick for a week, couldn't work out and wasn't that careful with what I put into my mouth, so my calorie restriction dropped to 150. So...I start to get the feeling that my body needs about a week to adjust to changes in my diet and workout routine, so who knows?! - I might go up to 128 again next week
Well, I'm still sneezing and coughing, so I might have to take it easy for another few days, but hope to be back on track by the end of the week.

Have a great week everyone!
Old 06-03-2010, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

No change for me, again!! Not giving up, though. Hoping that I will shed at least one pound by Thursday, which seems to be my day for showing any loss.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.