View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 10:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
cjohnson728
Super Moderator

Hi ladies

Mambo...awesome that you're back on track. Hope you are relaxing some now that the event is behind you. I'm sure you were burning the candle at both ends for a while there! You will get to that bikini before you know it!

Sharon, way to be gentle with yourself. I am skipping the scale today, too, for reasons to be detailed below. Slow and steady wins this race and you are the perfect example.

Hi Beth! What a great thing for you and your daughter to do BFL together! Nothing except a house fire would get my kid up at 5:30 AM! You are an awesome role model for her, with the exercise and everything in moderation attitude. I like the BFL mentality but I am not structured enough (read: too intimidated) to do the formal program .

So...good things and not so good things. Good is that my son is exercising with me and more frequently making good food and snack choices, and my hubby actually came out and played tennis with us yesterday...probably his first exercise in six months...but that's another story. Our farmer's market opens Thursday and I'm really looking forward to that.

The bad...oh, man! Last Tuesday (mostly evening/night) I ate everything in sight! I don't know what my deal was; nothing satisfied so I kept munching. Fortunately I didn't have any real danger foods here but my calorie total was double what it should have been. I wish I could figure out why I did it so it doesn't happen again!! I was really conservative Wed. thru Sat. and by the time I got on the scale again Sunday all was well and back to maintaining...but it was a real rock-off-the-rails slip up and I hated the feeling of being so out of control and powerless. Yesterday I started down the same path but managed to stop at about 300 calories over, and I was actually under by about that much the previous day so hopefully things will even out again. My goal for the week is to figure out what the heck is going on...and fast!!

And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
-John Steinbeck
cjohnson728 is offline   Reply With Quote