View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 08:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
FitDay Member

The longer the journey, the more interesting the sights and the more you appreciate the destination (there's my "Confusious says" moment). I strongly agree with jbottorf...who cares what the weight is as long as it's gone. That's a fantastic start. Don't be disappionted nor discouraged if that loss slows down. We're in it for the long haul. No quick, short-term fix...We want this permanent.

This is what worked for me in controlling hunger: check the pie chart and see if it's too high on the carb side, could be a carb crash. I try to make sure my carbs are clean, complex carbs, not simple carbs. And I also read that thirst could be mistaken for hunger pangs...try water.

One suggestion I have for you is TAKE PICTURES periodically...I know what you're thinking but it is an invaluable tool. Measurements also are a good motivator. Use all the tools that are available to you and above all be kind to yourself.

Remember also that you have a whole globe full of people here that are at different points on this same journey. The support, knowledge ane experience throughout this site is amazing.

Good luck...keep posting.

Re Start Date: January 1, 2011
Start Weight: 204.6 lbs
Today: 196.6 lbs
April 1, 2011: 182lbs
July 1, 2011: 163.8lbs
Oct 1, 2010: 147.4lbs
Goal: 140 lbs
dizzy_44 is offline   Reply With Quote