Notices

So i gotta whole lot to lose...

Old 06-01-2010, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb So i gotta whole lot to lose...

I got alot of weight to lose and i know its going to be a long journey... each day they say gets easier yet i am hungry a little more each day. You always start off strong. I am into day 13 of this and i am down 12lbs but i feels as if its just not coming off fast enough and i am big, so its hard to notice, plus they say the first 10lbs is water weight. Hmm... I need some motivation yet i have no idea where to get it from. Anyone else feel like me?!
Old 06-01-2010, 04:05 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on that first 12 pounds Kristina! And hey so what if some of it was water weight...that's OK! It just means all that extra sodium from bad eating is washed away and you can feel good now knowing that each additional pound is fat that's gone!

I honestly feel that the best motivation comes from time, effort and results. Watching that scale go down by another pound is so exciting to me, and knowing that I really DO have the power to make it do that REALLY motivates me! haha

I actually used the BodyBugg armband to lose 35 pounds last year. I did great until about mid-November. Then the holidays hit and knocked me WAY off the wagon. Then from the end of December through the end of February, I was helping to care for my stepmother who was dying of cancer. She passed away on February 23rd. I really just haven't been able to locate my motivation ever since. But today I decided, she would certainly not appreciate being used as my excuse for gaining back all that weight I tried so hard to lose! So, since my BodyBugg subscription is now expired, I signed up today for this FitDay, and I think it'll be just what I need to get back on track!

Snacks are actually pretty important in weight loss, so don't totally deprive yourself! Make sure you start your day with breakfast, this is also really important! I love a cup of banana nut cheerios with skim milk and a banana sliced up on top! That's how I've started my day now for quite a long time and it just doesn't get old. haha.

Good luck to you!! We're all in this together!
Old 06-01-2010, 04:11 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Kristina,

LIke you I have a whole lot of weight to loose 100lbs or more It sucks and its a long and hard journey. I started January 4th 2010 and by the end of february I had 33lbs gone!!! Boy was I pumped!!!!! But then I had a vacation in April and fell off the wagon and gained 10 back Not so pumped anymore....BUT that is behind me and Im back on the wagon.

for me what worked for the 2 months that I dropped the 33lbs was going to the gym at least once a day 5 days a week for 45 minutes of good strong cardio....as for my eating well I started my day at 445am (yuck I know) and had an apple - then around 8 I had a bowl of special K or similar cereal. At about 1030 I would have another bit of fruit (cup of grapes, blueberries, strawberries etc.) and lunch time would either be salad or a bowl of homemade chicken soup. 230ish had a snack again with veggies this time (celery carrots broccoli etc) then after work I would go home and have supper either beef, chicken or fish and veggies (sometimes rice as well) and that pretty much worked like the cats ass for me. however it does get boring eating the same every day....

stick to it and go hard you can do it!!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

The longer the journey, the more interesting the sights and the more you appreciate the destination (there's my "Confusious says" moment). I strongly agree with jbottorf...who cares what the weight is as long as it's gone. That's a fantastic start. Don't be disappionted nor discouraged if that loss slows down. We're in it for the long haul. No quick, short-term fix...We want this permanent.

This is what worked for me in controlling hunger: check the pie chart and see if it's too high on the carb side, could be a carb crash. I try to make sure my carbs are clean, complex carbs, not simple carbs. And I also read that thirst could be mistaken for hunger pangs...try water.

One suggestion I have for you is TAKE PICTURES periodically...I know what you're thinking but it is an invaluable tool. Measurements also are a good motivator. Use all the tools that are available to you and above all be kind to yourself.

Remember also that you have a whole globe full of people here that are at different points on this same journey. The support, knowledge ane experience throughout this site is amazing.

Good luck...keep posting.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

12 pounds is FANTASTIC!!! I haven't had a week like that since January!!! Wow! I don't know about the water weight thing seriously. After I'd been doing this for 3-4 weeks, my clothes were looser and my energy higher and I don't think that was all from water weight. Who cares anyway, it's gone now right? Yes, I agree this journey seems to take forever some days. But you know what? It didn't all pack on overnight either, and seriously if you stick to the program you can take it off faster than you put it on. I don't really know how much you have to lose, but the women on the 100 pound thread are very inspiring. They help me everyday.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

I'm with you, I still have 105 of my goal to lose, started at 120, but really want to lose a total of 140.

Slow and steady, one day at a time and you can do this. Every day is a fresh start.

This place is a good place for motivation, especially the thread for those of us who want to lose 100+ pounds. The daily battles add up to winning the war. These gals have a lot of incredible advice!