Notices

Skinny for Summer

Old 05-31-2010, 08:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default Skinny for Summer

My goal is by the middle of August ( I know not exactly for summer but there abouts) to lose 20 lbs so I can confidently wear by bikini as I haven't worn one in years. Over the past year I have lost about a stone, but now I want to lose an additional 20 lbs to be truely happy. I know I can survive on 1000 calories a day as I have done so in the past quite happily. Also, I plan to walk for around 30 minutes a day on top of sit ups and pilates everyday, then cardio 3 times a week. Lets hope I can do it!! who else is trying to get skinnier for summer, and how are you doing it ???? reply please

cw - 121lbs
gw-100lbs
height - 5''4

Emma

Last edited by emmarosina; 05-31-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:20 PM
FitDay Member

You lose any more weight and you will be considered underweight. You don't want to go there, you want to be a healthy weight which you can only lose a half dozen more pounds and then you are underweight.

You probably need to eat super healthy and spend time at the gym and change your tummy to muscle instead.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:23 PM
FitDay Member

Your goal of 20 pounds in 11 weeks is very do able. I am a numbers guy so you will need to maintain about a 1000 calorie deficit daily over the next 11 weeks. Be careful that you don't go over the 1000 calorie defict as your metabolism may actually slow down and thus slow your weight loss. Your caloric intake is not just a part of the equation of (intake cal. minus activity cal) - metabolism burn = caloric deficit. Keep your protein levels high (.5 to 1.0g per pound of lean body weight). This will help you burn fat versus muscle doing cardio.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:12 PM
FitDay Member

I agree with Wayne, for your height you only need to lose 8lbs and that would be a great goal. Look at toning your muscles and with all of your training you are currently doing your calories are low you should be on 1200 a day otherwise your body will use up the energy it needs from your muscles. Eat small portions every 2 hours to keep your metabolic rate high. Trust me, men don't like skinny birds they prefer meat on their bones.