View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 04:13 AM   #36 (permalink)
tandoorichicken
FitDay Member

I think you're at a good level of calories for gaining, I wouldn't intentionally push it any higher. Here are some general comments:

1. Try to get a greater variety and amount of vegetables. You can gain a decent amount muscle with your sheer caloric intake, but please don't do it at the expense of your general health. Switch up your carbs so you maximize nutritional value, so instead of 3 cups of rice, try a baked or boiled sweet potato or yam.

2. How do you prepare your eggs? You can add more calories if you fry them nutritional oils like olive or coconut. You can also devil them with avocado and toss some spices on to up the antioxidant content.

3. If you are able to add in some milk you can use it to beef up your protein shakes with half milk, half water. It will last longer that way and won't hit your wallet as hard.

4. Out of curiosity, what's your protein/fat/carb % split?

-Nik

My rules:
1) eat real food - more vegetables, moderate meat, moderate fruits, less grains, less sugar, less vegetable oils.
2) exercise - moderate intensity cardio, sprinting, heavy lifting, dedicated stretching and mobility.
3) live - relax, de-stress, meditate.

Disclaimer: I'm not professionally qualified to make any formal recommendations. I've just done my homework and I'm my own guinea pig. All of my data, unless otherwise cited, comes from a sample size of n=1 (me).
tandoorichicken is offline   Reply With Quote