View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 11:08 PM   #35 (permalink)
circusact
FitDay Member

Default Weight Gainers

This is a diet for weight gainers! I do realize that this might be a weight loss site, however, Fitday also seems to be a great way to track for weight gainers as well.

I'm just leaving what I eat here to see if anyone has some suggestions on how I can improve/ take in more calories a day. My goal is to get from 135-160 of decent muscle mass in around 4-5 months.

Morning- Egg(large)x2 Toastx2 multivitamins, avocado

Post morning- 1/2 protein shake (495 calories)

Pre workout- 1/2 protein shake

Post workout- 1 protein shake

Dinner- 3 cups of rice, mixed veggies, 2 eggs, 1/2 pound of ground chicken/pork/beef/mystery meat, 1 cooked onion

or: whole roast chicken from the grocery store+ rice and eggs, 1 cooked onion, garlic

or: 2 servings of pasta+ 1/2 pound of meat+ 2 tomatoes + tomato sauce, 1 cooked onion, garlic,

Note: I sometimes separate dinner into 2 meals (still eaten on the same day), as I feel bloated some days.
Post Dinner- avocado, 1/2 protein shake.

Total caloric intake ~4000-5000

I switch it up with various foods, such as tuna, beef, salmon, mussels/clams, peanut butter/nutella sandwiches, etc. However, the protein shakes and eggs are a staple in my diet. I can't afford milk on my student budget since lactose-free milk costs about twice as much as normal milk. I don't do drugs and I don't drink more than around once a month or so.

I am currently on the Stronglifts 5x5 program, and I also do boxing, and interval running on the side. I was considering the GOMAD diet, however, I can't get myself to drink that much milk...

Its been around a month since I started this routine and diet, and while I've made significant strength gains, My weight has only increased by around 3 pounds( I weighed in at 138 post-workout today)

Questions, comments, criticisms, all welcome!
circusact is offline   Reply With Quote