Community
Notices

Late Night Sweet Tooth -- HELP!

Old 05-10-2010, 02:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default Late Night Sweet Tooth -- HELP!

New here and love the site. It's been an amazing aid in my "journey." I have already lost 25 lbs since February and need to lose another 60 lbs which I hope to lose in a little over a year.

I am having problems fighting the late night sweet tooth and don't know how to control it. Any suggestions?
Old 05-10-2010, 04:11 AM
FitDay Member

Well i have found to just eliminate all options for bad food in the house and then to keep stocked up on all kinds of fruit. It took me a few months to snack in a healthy way, but now i crave fruit and have no desire for sweets at all.

The way i look at it is that we have spent years programming our brain and body to be this way and now is the time for change!

I am down 60 lbs in 6 months and have another 50 to go. Cheers!
Old 05-10-2010, 06:17 AM
FitDay Member

Somewhere during the day you are probably getting too many carbs at a sitting, which causes your sugar to taper off after dinner, which leads to a bad case of the munchies. Protein fills you up longer and doesn't taper off the way carbs do. You might try limiting your carbs at lunch meanwhile boosting your protein intake and see if that helps. If not try it with both lunch and dinner and see if you notice an improvement. You might also journal when it's really bad and see if you can spot a particular type of food that triggers it.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:07 PM
FitDay Member

Default Thank You

Thanks for the great advice. After looking back at my pie chart, I noticed I am having more carbs in general than fats and proteins even beyond the Zone's 40-30-30. I am going to adjust it and see how well I fare. Thanks again.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:10 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks. I've limited the junk, but somehow I manage to be creative about cheating anyway. Also, I have 5 kids, so it's a little tough eradicating all of the junk. I have found yogurt with fruit to be helpful to some degree.

Anyway, thanks for the great advise.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:03 PM
FitDay Member

Default I'm new here too!

Aloha from Maui. I am new to this group too. I started a low carb regimen April 23rd and am down 22lbs as of today. Wow! By accident I found a great sweat tooth drink. I was doing a kitchen cabinet purge of all carb laden “staples” and found some butter rum artificial flavoring, no cals no carbs. I put a few capfuls into a two liter diet coke and sipped a “syrupy” surprise all evening. I am saving this one in my arsenal for more sweet attacks. Hope this helps.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:32 PM
FitDay Member

to the guy from maui... diet coke is still GARBAGE, ditch it.... waste of calories..

to the original poster. same here, seems i need a chocolate fix, so instead of eating crap, i have a chocolate protein shake mixed with 2%milk...

if your lifting weights a protein shake mixed with milk is perfect before goin to bed, the milk slows down the protien absorbtion so your muscles can use it at night..

i use chocolate GNC 100%whey mixed with 6-8oz 2%milk, mixed in a blender, and to me it tastes just like a chocolate milk/ malt... 25g protien 6 or so fat and 12 sugars from the milk.

Last edited by liquidsky561; 05-13-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default What calories?

The diet coke I use is Coca Cola brand. No carbohydrates, no calories so I don’t get your comment. Protein (that’s how it is properly spelled) drinks have too much sugar for me.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:09 PM
FitDay Member

Break it up, you two...

I usually keep around a bag of tangerines or clementines. They can get pretty dang sweet when ripe and are a lot lower in calories than cake or kool-aid. I can't say they fill you up but when you're jonesing for something sweet they really hit the spot.

-Nik
Old 05-28-2010, 03:04 PM
FitDay Member

hi, I found this forum by accident... saw your post and have the same issue. I read one guy said, no carbs late, but I have 6 low-fat triscuits when I'm hungry late night & it seems to stop a binge. Also, I'll have a diet-cocoa... and it seems to keep the hunger at bay. I know there are probably 'better' diet choices, but I'm just a regular guy, not a fitness-guru or bodybuilder and these things seem to work for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.